“Weekend break” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lenwade
kirkham
“Weekend break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

The hotel room was really nice but could be better with a little more thought, there was no plug socket next to the mirror. Service was really good and staff friendly and went out of their way to help only down side was cups didn't get cleaned in the room and on checking out the young lad was more interested in talking to the people behind me about his sisters wedding, I had to make a point of interrupting to say bye. The overall experience was good and we will hopefully visit again:)

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hellesdon, Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My son Rob had his wedding reception at Lenwade House on 21st April 2012 and although we live a short distance away we decided to stay the night so that my husbeand & I could both enjoy the celebrations. The Marquee looked lovely and the service was good but would have been better if there had been more staff to serve the meal. The top table had finished long before the last table had got their food. For the meal I had poached salmon in cream and pepper sauce which was delicious. Both myself and my son are 'gluten free' so the chef prepared a lemon meringue without the pastry which is the best I have tasted. Everyone I spoke to commented on how nice the food was and what a lovely venue for a wedding. The staff were friendly and very helpful. At the end of the eveing we got up to have the last dance and when we returned our 2 half glasses of wine had been cleared from the table, when we pointed this out to the staff they promptly gave us 2 more glasses. In fact any problem we had was sorted promptly. Our room was clean and well furnished, the bed was really comfortable to sleep on too. Breakfast was good and again gluten free rolls were provided for Rob & myself. It was truly a fantastic day that I am sure Rob & Gemma will remember for many years to come. Many thanks Lenwade House Hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I thought it would be nice to take my two boys (aged 11 and 12) to the hotel where my wife and I got married almost 10 years ago. First impressions, cold. The central heating was not on so they had a couple of wholly inadequate electric heaters to heat an enormous area. We were lucky enough to have a £20 discount voucher off our food bill so we thought we would have a meal. Ordered drinks first and discovered they are probably the most expensive in East Anglia. Charged me £1 just for a glass of squash. We eat out at least once a week and we very rarely charged for squash (10p - 20p at the most). The only decent real ale was off so I had John Smiths at £3.60 (we had eaten in Dereham Town a couple of days ago, this was £2.80). Anyway, we then ordered the food. The restaurant was colder than the bar area, which was quite an acheivement. I also worry what the food is like when you walk into a restaurant on a friday night and it is empty! On the whole we couldn't complain about the quantity of food, but the chef clearly didn't know how to cook. The starters were ok but my main course of venison was supposed to be medium rare. Nothing like it, cooked to death, chewy and awful, as was the lumpy mash (cost £17.95). My wife had duck (cost £15.95) and had eaten roughly the same meal the previous night at the Royal Oak in Bintree. Again, awful and almost twice as expensive. The accompanying vegetables (carrots, green beans and courgette) were swimming in water and overcooked. Given the extotionate prices for what was quite frankly a very average meal, we stopped there. We requested the bill only to find the owner had conveniently forgotten to reduce our bill by £20; no apology for this at all. We then discovered that we had been charged £2 for our children to eat in the restaurant because they had chosen off the bar menu. We queried this and was informed it was to cover the cost of washing their napkins!!!. They say desperate times call for desperate measures and this is very apparent. When we left there were 6 people sitting in the bar area who we assumed were staying in the hotel. They had all gathered near the only heater, and none of them had a drink. When my wife and I were frequent users of the hotel, you had to book to get a table on a friday night and in the bar area there would be anything up to 50 - 100 people enjoying a drink and a chat. The place was dead and I now know why. This is a beautiful hotel and 10 years ago it was fantastic, but greed will almost certainly bring it to it's knees. It needs someone with very deep pockets to get this hotel up and running properly, but it appears the current owners/tenants are not prepared to do so. We will not be going back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We sat at a very comfortable sofa by the bar to order our drinks and then food, the chef introduced himself to us and took our order and was charming, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about vegans!
We were invited through to the Vines restaurant when the starter was ready, which was a well appointed room with fine views over the lawns and of mature trees (and rabbits!)
We were hugley impressed by the quality of the food, freshly prepared, colourful, cooked to perfection with filling portions.
The hotel is set in fabulous grounds overlooking the river, service was excellent from staff that appeared to be enjoying working there (which is always nice) and the environment could not have been more comfortable.
We look forward to eating here again soon

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We have our wedding at Lenwade on sat 17th March 2012. We arrived with family on the friday and from the moment we stepped in the door nothing was too much trouble for the staff they gave us a really warm welcome and showed us to our lovely rooms. The hotel is so cosy and very classy. Amiee & Ady took us to the marquee where our wedding breakfast would be taking place. It looked magical, everything was just have I wanted it. On the morning of the wedding I was looked after like a princess. Ady was with us from the morning of the wedding until we went to bed at approx 1am, he is excellent at his job a really lovely man. Pam did a great job on the bar, and we would like to thank all the staff that worked on the day. The food was fit for and king & queen and that is what we felt like on the day, people are still taking about it. The resident DJ Kevin & Diane did a fantastic job . If you are getting married dont waste your time looking around Lenwade is the place to do it. Our wedding day will stay in our hearts for the rest of our lives and for all the right reasons. Thank you so much Jane you have a great team. See you all again soon. Our day was truly special. with love Tracey & Andrew Sinclair xx

Beccles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We found a great deal on this hotel and thought we would try. We had never heard of it and didn't know anything about it, but thought we would give it a go, so booked for a two night stay late March. Best decision we have ever made as was fantastic. The hotel is in a lovely setting, beside the river and also has a small lake in its grounds. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly chap (Ady) who made us feel welcome and at home straight away. He took us to our room, which was lovely and clean and a good size. The furniture was very classy and there was a lovely view when looking out of the window. All the staff were really friendly and took time to come and speak to us including the chef. The food was out of this world, really tasty, wonderfully presented and alot of it. We have been to alot of hotels and this is definately one of the best, so would highly recommend it. Thanks to all the staff for looking after us and can't wait to return.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I just spent a wonderful weekend here, lovely hotel set in lovely grounds.We booked B&B and then saw the food menu so booked an evening meal,I had the Lamb and the wife had the Pork they did`nt let us down, the food and wine was delightful and the staff were all very nice and polite,we were looked after very well and enjoyed a drink in the bar with the manager (Ady) afterward, will be booking again soon to return. It is a wedding venue as advertised but there was no wedding on that weekend so it was nice and peaceful,

Room Tip: If you like the stars (stars at night) asked for the room with the stars,This is a very well planned...