“Super clean and beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Freeman
Freeman Country Inn
Save Saved
You added Freeman Country Inn to your Saves list
1019 South Highway 81, Freeman, SD 57029 (Formerly "Super 8")   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Freeman B&B and Inns
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Super clean and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked this room because of a previous Trip Advisor review and would really like to thank tknopf for that description. It was hard to find any other information about the motel (even had difficulty finding their phone number) but on that review I decided to take a chance. My husband, small dog, and I were staying only 1 night and were very tired by the time we got there. We were checked in by a very friendly desk attendant and assigned the easy-access room I had asked for when reserving the room. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable (felt like home). Our stay was short so I have no other information but we would definitely stay there again if going through the area.

Room Tip: Room 112 was beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Book my stay. We were the only people in the hotel. We were extremely disappointed with th cost of the room. We had planned to stay for 3 nights over a weekend but there was no discount. the rate of our room went up each night. It was also hard to understand how it could be so difficult for the inn keeper to select a room since we were the only visitors (we checked each night before leaving Freeman and there were no other guest at the motel.) After staying one night we found a motel much cheaper only 30 miles away.

It was strange that a hotel as large as this would charge so high for a room with very little annemities. I have traveled across the county coast to coast staying in places like San Francisco, Yellowstone and resorts in New Hampshire and not paid the amount that they were charging in Freeman, SD

Room Tip: Check at hotels close by.... it's an easy drive to Freeman
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Schofield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel with without really knowing what to expect. It was formally a Super 8 Motel and the most recent review was over a year old. It more than met my expectations. My family had 3 rooms and they were clean and very comfortable, the motel had recently added refrigerators and they had a ton of cable channels available. There was a nice, simple breakfast served in the morning and all of the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this motel if you need a place to stay in Freeman.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Towanda, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was a great place to stay. The hotel is ran by a couple of Christian families and they do a great job on the upkeep of this hotel. It is all Non Smoking which is what I really liked about it. You can tell they take pride in keeping their Hotel well maintenanced and clean. Staff was very friendly and their is a little breakfast (danish, toast, bagels, muffins and juice or coffee). For the price, which ran around $65.00, this was a great Hotel! Papa's next door, was an awesome place to eat and was very affordable for my family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

This place used to be the Super 8. For about $65 per night, you get a clean and comfortable room. The hotel offers some free complimentary breakfast items, but for a more substantial breakfast, try Papa's next door. The hotel staff is quite elderly and doesn't always provide prompt service. And no one is on duty from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Wi-fi service has just been launched, and is spotty at best. Hopefully, they'll get that fixed. Despite these minor glitches, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Freeman Country Inn? Share your experiences!