“Pricey..really pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Pricey..really pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visited here as my son wanted Chinese and it had good reviews. The service was great but it is pricey Chinese food for what you get. The building is old and musty smelling and certainly lacks in the atmosphere department. We had dinner for 3 with 2 appetizers and our bill came out to 90 dollars. This consisted of egg rolls (2), fried dumplings, chicken fried rice, Pork lo mein (their lo mein turned out like spaghetti instead of the thick noodles common to most Chinese restaurants) and a spicy chicken dish for my husband. I don't mind paying ninety dollars for Chinese food but I expect it to be excellent (this was your average fare) and I would expect to be eating it in a lovely, tastefully decorated restaurant where I expect to pay for the atmosphere. That doesn't exist here..it's average fare, in a tired worn out building, accompanied by the constant sound of slot machines.

Visited June 2013

“Delicious Chinese Food in Deadwood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We loved the food at this place....great Chinese food in Deadwood was quite a surprise! This is Americanized food (which is fine with us). We enjoyed the free hot tea that comes with your meal....and the egg rolls were excellent! The General Tso's chicken was in a delicious, carmelized sauce and the chicken had a nice crunchy texture. The beef fried rice was also great. Our waiter was very attentive. Loved it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Mediocre at best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The Hot & Sour soup was very (I usually like hot) hot and vinegary. The fried wanton could use fresh oil. The fried rice had little more than the rice. The cashew chicken and sweet and sour chicken were both good. I'll try somewhere else next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Unexpected great Chinese food in Deadwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We happened to see this Chinese restaurant on Main Street in Deadwood, texted granddaughter to check reviews and see if people liked it - she said they did - so we stopped in for lunch. The special that day was Kung Pao Chicken, which I had - my husband chose something else off the menu, they were both just wonderful Chinese meals, perfectly spiced, never would have thought we'd get a meal like this in Deadwood. It was inexpensive, around $6.50 or so, for a huge plate of food and rice as well as hot tea which was included. Should we ever return to Deadwood, we'll make it a point to eat here again. Waitress was very sweet and friendly as well. Nice atmosphere. NO complaints whatsoever.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

They do a great job here. Been going here for years whenever I pass through, either Szec Beef or the Kung Po Chicken. Most times its quiet, a little on the dark side, but I've never had bad food or a bad experience here.

• Visited May 2013