“Eloped in Deadwood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Deadwood
Kearney, Nebraska
“Eloped in Deadwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My Wife and I eloped in Deadwood last October. We stayed in the Largest suite at Deadwood Dicks. It has a great view over the rest of the city. The room was huge, complete with a fireplace and full kitchen. The Owners are great people and are very funny. They really go the extra mile. For example my Wife left her bouquet from the wedding in the fridge. The owners dried the flowers and saved them for us. When we were vacationing in the Blackhills 6 months later we stopped by and they had them for us. The hotel also has a really cool old elevator, and a great antique store on the ground level. Down town is about a block away. The courthouse is only about 2 blocks away just incase you want to get hitched too. I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
SouthEast TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was such a cool place, brings your back to the old days in the town. Its a nice place to visit with a cool antique store. They have an authentic elevator from the 1900s. The place is clean and kept up nicely. I enjoyd my stay very much, thanks for the awesome hospitality!

Dayton, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The room was OK for the money.My wife was afraid of the elevator, so afraid in fact that she walked the 3 long flights of stairs to our room on the 4th floor.I have some allergy issues, the whole building smelled musty to me.I had a dull headache the entire time I was there.The noise from street traffic got quite loud at times.

St. Louis, Missouri USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed in the King Room at Deadwood Dick's and enjoyed each and every minute of our stay. The room was huge with lots of room to store our suitcases and belongings. The bathroom was like a big dance hall. And when we rreturned to our room after our day's activivites we could watch TV and drivt off to sleep without any traffic or parying people noises. Love the cool gated elevator and the furnishings. Made us feel right at home.

Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We had the pleasure to stay at Deadwood Dicks hotel for two nights in May. This is not a "Super 8" cookie cutter type of hotel, It is in keeping with the old west flavor of Deadwood and is very unique in its own way. There are 3 floors of Antiques to explore and all for sale, It is a chance to explore items from your youth or possibly your parents. We found it to be very interesting. The owners of Deadwood Dicks are quite knowledgeable of the area and can tell many stories of the area and of Deadwood. It is well worth the experience. Try it you will like it

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Had I know that the owners turned off the heat for the summer season, I would not have stayed there. High temp was 54 degrees our first day with temps in the low 40's at night. This old building is not insulated well, if at all, so our room was cold. The stand-alone space heater warmed up the bedroom sufficient to sleep but the bathroom stayed cold.

Until we arrived, no one explained that the antique elevator (barely fits 2 people/2 suitcases) doesn't work if someone doesn't close both metal doors when exiting the elevator. That happened 2-3 times in our 3 day stay so that we had to walk up several flights to the top floor. This is NOT a place for anyone who is handicapped and cannot take stairs as an alternate.

On top of that, hair dryers are not in the rooms which I didn't realize until I was done with my first morning's shower. What hotel doesn't have a hair dryer in the room these days? It took the owner about 30 minutes to find one and bring it to our room.

Also, I had expected stylish antiques in the room, not a 70's look with a brushed green velvet old chair with no light by it to read. The only good thing about the room was a comfortable king sized bed.

All these things combined, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I'll stay in more comfortable surroundings next time at a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Torrington, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

3 floor of antiques to explore and a room for the night.
The owner treat us like family and we'll be back for another stay

Room Tip: For a couple room 408 and for a family 410