“Fine dining in Deadwood” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Deadwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
NY
“Fine dining in Deadwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Jakes food was excellent, and the service was as well. My only complaint was they wouldn't seat us at 6:45 when we had a reservation at 7:15. The tables were empty, but they stuck to their reservations to make it look like they were busier. In truth they were busier, but that was much later.

Washington
“The best in Deadwood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

My husband and I were looking for a good dinner after our disappointing meal the evening before and our hotel recommended Jakes. We were not disappointed! We were seated right on time for our 7pm reservation at a window table. The service was impeccable - just the right amount of time between courses. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive to our every need. We felt very pampered. The pianist playing was excellent, too. The prices we thought were very reasonable. We were too full for dessert but they certainly looked delicious! We will for sure go back again on our next visit!

Middletown, NJ
“Worthy of a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I'm a long time world traveler and think this is probably the best restaurant in Deadwood and maybe the whole state of South Dakota. The decor, atmosphere, and service were just as it should be and Michelle, the young lady server at my table was great - knowledgeable and professional with just the right amount of familiarity. Prices are what you'd expect to pay in any first class restaurant. Highly recommended to start - the escargot with a thin cover of asiago cheese. An unusual approach to a classic dish. High marks to the manager as well.
This restaurant is on the third floor of Kevin Costner's casino - first floor, casino - second floor Diamond Lil's bar and restaurant.

San Antonio, TX
“Wow one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

I don't know where the poor reviews have ever eaten but it couldn't have been at quality restaurants.
One of the bad reviews was at the bar downstairs from Jakes and should be taken off the review of this restaurant!!!

Jake’s was a fabulous respite from the smoke filled gambling salons of Deadwood. An elegant atmosphere but you can come in casual clothing. We both had extraordinary meals with impeccable service!!! We have eaten all over the world at fine dining establishments and this would rate in the top 5! The pianist during dinner was an added wonderful touch. A must stop for dinner if you like great food and service at a very reasonable price for fine dining!!!

Sheridan, Wyoming
“I disagree with past reviews....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

In response to some of the recent reviews on this website... I disagree with the negative responses. My husband and I frequently visit Deadwood and "HAVE" to eat at Jake's every time we go. We usually have to make a reservation a couple of weeks in advance in the summertime. You can't tell me if it wasn't good they wouldn't have a wait like that. I have had wonderful experiences with the wait staff, the food.... the atmosphere is awesome. The prices are right and the portions are a good size especially after a couple glasses of wine and a few dinner rolls and a salad. My opinion is... you are going to get what you give. If you walk in somewhere and act like you own the place, most people are going to have a negative reaction to you. I waited tables in my younger years and there were always those few people that you dreaded seeing walk in the door and you automatically gave them to the new girl. People who treat their wait staff with disrespect need to get up and try it themselves. Our waiters and waitresses are just good, honest, hard working people trying to make a living, support their families, work their way through school, whatever. Most people don't understand that waiters are paid less than minimum wage and we live off of our tips. I am married now with two kids and my husband and I own a multi-million dollar company. You would never know it.... we worked our way through school and being single parents and I have the utmost respect for any and all people who are willing to get out there and earn an honest living. Even if they are young kids working at McDonald's.