“Cold food!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Black Hawk, South Dakota
“Cold food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went in Saturday, Feb. 15 we arrived approximately 5:00 pm, which should not be so awful busy, it was about 3/4 full. We ordered drinks and we each (4 of us, 2 couples) ordered a glass of water. I got a glass of water about 1/2 full, was told they ran of out of water! Received our drinks about 1/2 hour later, got our salads about an hour after we ordered, and they were small salads. Before we were done with our salads our steaks were being delivered. The steaks and the baked potatoes were cold. We have ate there several times, the other times, were not bad, but this time, it was not worth going back. I paid $62.00 for 4 drinks, and 2 dinners. Not worth the money. OH, and to top it off, they tried to charge my friend for my drinks, that I already paid for!! I will not be going back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Patricia B, Manager at Bodega Bar, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your input and have taken measures to correct the situation you encountered.

We sincerely hope you will visit our establishment again on your next trip to Deadwood.

Peachtree City, Georgia
“So Many Great Memories Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have no idea where to start. Reviewing this establishment has me all giddy. My mother was being a party, pooper, so we left her at the hotel. My son, daughter, dad & I went into the town of Deadwood for the evening. We ended up here for dinner & had a blast!

The next day we went back into Deadwood & returned here for lunch, this time we had my mother. We had lunch outside & Yancey de Veer was performing. He and my mother hit it off with their humor. We ended up buying his CD's. My husband wasn't able to join us in Deadwood, so when we got back home to Peachtree City, Ga, I played the CD's for him. As I type this, I am listening to the CD. We play the disk one all the time, it really gives you the true feeling of Deadwood. And that Yancey is a dang hoot!

If you go to Deadwood, eating here & listening to Yancey is a must!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bodega Bar, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the full experience of what the Buffalo/Bodega has to offer! Yancy is a treat and he will be back next May! Stop back and see us next time you're in town, he's sure to remember you all!

Bismarck, North Dakota
“not the best prime rib”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

the prime rib was ok but not the best like they claim,did not have alot of flavor ,good service,friendly staff,i don't know maybe it was just me ,would try something else again

Visited September 2013
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bodega Bar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to review our steakhouse! We are always looking for ways to improve our quality and standards and appreciate any and all feedback. Your review was addressed and hopefully next time you dine with us, you'll be completely satisfied.
Batavia, Illinois
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

There was a guitar/singer performing in the outside area so we decided it would be nice to sit outside and enjoy a meal. We ordered drinks but learned that the dinner meals were not served outside. We were disappointed to have to eat inside since it was such a beautiful sunny warm day. I ordered the prime rib which to be sent back because it was so tough. The replacement was okay. Our waitress was a very pleasant person. Our meals were just okay.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on giving the best overall experience to our guests and we're sorry we fell short of that during your visit!

We hope you come back and give us another try! We look forward to serving you again!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Terrible service, all right food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Had to wait over 45 minutes for a medium sirloin and a pulled pork sandwich... 12 other patrons in the place at the time, so it was not busy... food arrived luke warm, and I'm pretty sure it was sitting in the kitchen for a while before getting to our table. The only time we saw our waiter was when he brought the check. Will not be coming back.

Visited September 2013
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bodega Bar, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Buffalo Steakhouse. We pride ourselves on giving the best quality service as part of your dining here and we're sorry we fell short of that for you. Your comments have been addressed to the wait staff and hopefully this situation will not repeat itself.

We do hope you'll come back and give us another try and I guarantee you'll have a much better experience with us.

Thank you again for your review.