“Enjoyed It!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tonganoxie, Kansas
“Enjoyed It!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed in Room 313 (the most haunted). Can't say we saw or heard anything but the room was great! Even though it is a smoking room, couldn't smell it much. But knew that going in, 3rd floor is the smoking floor. Wonderful staff and nice beds as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Two nights at the Branch House, an incredible value at $50 a night and a great cozy, romantic escape.

The Branch House is set off from the Bullock Hotel main building. It's quiet, cozy and very stylish. The staff were superb and the accommodations perfect. An extremely relaxing space in a very cool town.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I love this hotel,my husband and i stayed in room 305 the bullock suite it was way nicer then i thought it was going to be the juccuzi was huge, yes the room had a few flaws like a couple soft spots on the bathroom floor but the building is from the 1800s the staff was freindly, this is NOT a place to stay if you dont like historic buildings, I loved the furnishings in the room very authentic. We will be going back but during the off season summer prices are way to high.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Step back in time and enjoy the elegance of the Hotel Bullock. Everything I expected.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

We have stayed at both the main Bullock Hotel and the Branch House. The main hotel is a fun stay for its historical aspect. We enjoyed the ghost tour and looking at the numerous historical photos in the hotel. No ghostsightings for us though. The hotel rooms are small but clean, no frills, The walls were thin and we had trouble sleeping at night due to people walking in the room above us. We were disappointed with some of the staff that worked in Bully's. The waitress brought me the wrong drink, when I pointed this out to her, she replied, "you're being a pain in my a**". There is pleny of parking behind the hotel. You do have to cross the highway to get back to the hotel, but traffic was never a problem for us.

We had a much better experience at the Branch House. This was located a few blocks behind main street in a nice quiet location, but a quick walk to main street. The rooms are much larger and nicely updated. It was also super quiet. The only downside is that because it is seperate from the main hotel, there are no restaurants, vending machines, etc... And our room never got cleaned while we stayed there either. The website claims there is a fitness center at the Branch House, but it was closed when we stayed there. Overall, I would stay at the Branch House again simply because of its great price. Can't say the same for the main hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Enid, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Before we stayed at this hotel I read about most of the "paranormal" activity. I honestly do not believe in this and thought it would a fun place to stay. After my stay at the Bullock Hotel, I am now a believer! I was standing outside the door to our room (305) and I heard a male voice whisper to me, "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" I turned around and no one was on the floor but me! I freaked out! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much the last night we were there. When we returned home and developed pics, I do have a "mysterious blur" next to the Seth Bullock picture on the 3rd floor. The staff is AWESOME and very friendly and helpful! We love Deadwood and hope to return someday, but I think I may opt to sleep somewhere else simply because it totally freaks me out!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I just love this hotel. I stay here whenever I come to Deadwood. We came for the Black Hills Rally and the hotel never disappoints. It is a perfect Victorian/old west hotel with the modern conveniences and a ghost or two (namely Seth keeping an eye on his guests.) We were told that we had the most haunted room in the hotel, and I certainly believed the staff. One night while I was falling asleep on the bed I felt the corner of the bed mattress sink down and the pressure of someone sitting on my feet at the edge of the bed so that I had to move my feet away. Another night I went downstairs to the casino. My husband went to bed , and he locked the door. When I came upstairs later I realized that I had forgotten my key. The door was unlocked. My husband was sound asleep, and when I asked him in the morning if he had unlocked the door he said 'no, I thought you had your key'. Thanks Seth!
Wonderful, clean place with great atmoshere and friendly people in a great town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bullock Hotel? Share your experiences!