“Believe it! Best burgers ever...period!” 5 of 5 stars

(605) 341-6772
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 52 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
“Believe it! Best burgers ever...period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I discovered the Sugar Shack about four years ago and now make it a must stop the three times a year my family and I are in the Black Hills. Even bought a Sugar Shack t-shirt I am so in love with the burgers. The Kraut Burger is my all-time favorite. The building itself could use some improvements, but this is all about the food not the decor. A must stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Spanish Fork, Utah
“Best burgers, fun place to stop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We found Sugar Shack from Trip Advisor, and I am so glad we did. This is a fun "dive" place with the best burgers we had the whole trip. I got the Sugar Shack burger, but wanted cheddar instead of swiss, they told be it would be shredded cheese, so I asked for it "melty" and they did, it was melty deliciousness. Everyone like the burgers they ordered. Our whole trip we kept saying let's head back to Sugar Shack, so it must have been good. Put this on your stop list.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“They do have the best burgers; great rest stop from ATV trail riding.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Sugar Shack is right off a set of trails and 385 - we were riding ATVs for the day and stopped in for lunch and to fuel up - they have one gas pump right at the resteraunt. We ate outside at the covered, casual outdoor patio along w/ some other riders and bikers. The inside is small - restroom and everything was very clean. The waitress was very friendly and checked in on us frequently. The burger was hand-pattied - not frozen; we had the sandwich 'only' which did not include fries - but it came w/ chips. Great place for casual dining and very large burger!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Nevada
“Go MUST Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had a great burger, best one I think I have ever had.

Ordered the sugar burger with fries, when it came to the table it was huge and I thought there was no way I could eat the whole thing, but once I started eating I could not STOP. It was very flavorful and juicy.

Fries although not fresh cut are fried perfectly.

Chatted with the cook for a bit, he wanted to know how our burgers were, and had to tell him excellent! Better than a couple places I have eaten in the big city.

Although the place isn't "fancy" by any means, it certainly is homey and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

A few places to sit inside along with a bar, plus seating outside if the weather permits.

They serve Coke Products.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sturgis, South Dakota
“A cool little burger joint in the Black Hills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a fun place to stop in for a huge burger. It isn't fancy inside, but the food is good and the atmosphere is fun. They also have a deck outside which is always a nice option especially in the Black Hills.

Visited July 2011