A quick last minute ski trip was our idea for the end of our Christmas break. The snow at Deer Mountain wasn't great but we figured we'd take an inexpensive getaway.
The pricing at this resort is very appealing and they have several different package deals that make it even better.
Our family of 4 rented 2 rooms for 2 nights each for just under $200 total. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A basic continental breakfast of toast, cereal or good bagels is included. The rooms are quite clean. For the price this is pretty good.
However, understand before you go that the rooms are small and very basically furnished. The room with 2 double beds that my sons stayed in had beds that seemed quite small for that size. (The boys, at 17 and 20, are tall...they fit but barely). Our queen bed was pretty hard. The heating system is that kind without a true thermostat that blows constantly and either "cooks" or freezes you. A pool and a hot tub at these prices is a plus but the hot tub was a bit disappointing. It just wasn't quite hot enough to feel really good. It wasn't unpleasant since it was clean and appealing to look at but, didn't really live up to what an apres-skier needs for those aching middle aged legs. Another small "con" for the place is that the front desk closes at 10 pm. By calling before hand, we were able to get them to leave our keys and a phone number if we had questions...again, they are very friendly and pleasant.
Oh well, this place does have a good location for those that don't really want the Deadwood scene surrounding them. (Most Deadwood lodgings have gaming right in the lobby.) The Black Hills Inn has a cozy lobby and a much more peaceful feel to it yet provides easy access to Deadwood when you want it; either on the Trolley or by car
- Also Known As:
- Black Hills Inn And Suites
- Black Hills Hotel Deadwood
- Black Hills Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Hills Inn & Suites is a motel located in Deadwood, SD. For easy access to Downtown Deadwood, Casinos, Fine Dining and Historical Sites, the Deadwood Trolley offers service. The Black Hills Inn & Suites offers a Free Continental Breakfast, Complimentary WiFi with Internet access, a heated Indoor Swimming Pool and Hot Tub and a computer for Guest use. The Black Hills Inn & Suites offers clean, quiet rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Black Hills Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.