“Great staff + Great location + Great food = GREAT Time” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Gulch Getaway
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Deadwood
Black Hawk, South Dakota
“Great staff + Great location + Great food = GREAT Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

You can't beat the Creek Side dining area. great food, great service and views make for a special time. Our group enjoyed themselves so much the DDGR is now "the place" we go to when in Deadwood. The staff (entire staff, dining, gaming, hotel, cleaning etc) is an amazing work force that backfill and help each other. Things like "not sure" and don't know who handles this" are phrases you will not hear there. Everyone works hard to ensure you enjoy your visit whether dining, gaming or spending the night after a concert.

Room Tip: Request a creek side room. WELL worth the price for the views and tranquility. Best place in Deadwoo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It's such a pleasure to add you to our family of guests. It's also nice to know that you think enough of us to bring in groups for special parties/events. We will continue to work hard to live up to your service expectations!
-Tracy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Granite City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort is the best place we have ever stayed. We can't say enough good things about the Resort. They have made a lot of changes since our last visit and every change just improved the Resort that much more. Every time we enter their front doors, we feel like we're home --- they always make us feel so welcome! From the minute the experience at Deadwood Gulch begins, it gets better and better. Every member of the staff, from the General Manager on down the line, is friendly, thoughtful, well trained, and very professional. You could not ask for more --- they make you feel so special. We have made many friends there over the years and enjoy and appreciate them more each time we visit. The warm complimentary breakfast they provide each day (you get to select from three different choices of a real breakfast --- not continental) is wonderful, as is all the food in the Creekside Restaurant. The gift shop offers some beautiful jewelry, purses, scarfs, wallets, shirts, belts, cups, card holders, notepads, unique gift items, and so much more. The bakery has many delicious items to offer each day. This Resort has everything --- there's never a need to leave there for anything --- you have it all at your fingertips! The Resort is located in a lovely setting, surrounded by the Black Hills. Sit out on the patio and enjoy the creek flowing by --- it's a refreshing and relaxing experience. Take a walk along the nearby trail. Visit the Gulches of Fun across the street and enjoy miniature golf or the arcade. There's something for everyone within walking distance. We recently stayed at Deadwood Gulch Resort for our 11th year and will continue to go back again and again. We always hate to leave there and we're always anxious for our next visit! I highly recommend this Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the creekside are the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wow! May I please use some of your words in my advertising? Thank you, thank you, thank you! So nice to know we made such a wonderful impression all the way around. Thank you also for taking the time to leave this for us. All the staff appreciated the personal notes you left thanking each one of them. It's a joy to serve guests like the two of you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here for a couple days after reading some of the reviews, and it was everything I had hoped. Make sure you request a creekside room, the view is amazing. They also include a real breakfast at the restaurant next door, which has outdoor creekside seating. I don't gamble much and with so much to do in the area I did not try out the casino. There is a hot tub but no pool, and again I was too busy to make use of it. The staff were friendly and rates were reasonable as well. I also liked that it is a little ways out of town so you are away from the crowds, but only a couple minutes drive to get downtown, and parking there is cheap. I would definitely stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We all think our location is pretty special but you have to drive by all the other hotels to get here so we consider it one of Deadwoods secret spots. I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations. It's important to us to help you enjoy your vacation since these days they seem all too short and not often enough. That being said, I hope you are able to vacation often and enjoy life! Thank you again for your kind words and for chosing us as your Deadwood hotel.
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had planned a large wedding at the Deadwood Gulch. They were wonderful to work with. They did everything I asked and then some. I wasn't satisfied with their menu so I created my own and they said "no problem" and didn't even charge me extra. They were easy to work with when reserving the rooms and also helped me switch my parents around to a pet friendly room so we could have our dog there. Eric and his team are great to work with. The hotel rooms are decent - nothing special. I was given the Olivia Suite for free because we had rented out the entire hotel. They treated us very well and were always attentive. I appreciate them conforming to the needs of our wedding and would recommend this venue.

Room Tip: If you want to bring a pet make sure you request a pet friendly room. Not all rooms allow dogs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff here is fantastic and to have that affirmed on such a public forum is very rewarding. It's also nice to hear we helped to make your special day even more special! Health and happiness to you and yours.
Kind Regards,
Tracy
Wausau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Deadwood Gulch Resort for 23 straight years, sometimes twice a year. We are extremely pleased with the establishment, food, gaming and especially our many staff friends which we have come to know over these many years. A creekside room has been a must these many years which lulls us to sleep after a long day driving in the hills or playing the ever-changing machines. As we've aged, we now appreciate the affordable small suite which is so comfortable for our always seven-night stay. The Creekside Restaurant has wonderful choices, good food, and so handy. The parking lot is very large and flat so we don't have to be mountain goats to get to the Lodge. We cannot say enough about the wonderful hospitality shown to us every time we stay and play. The bar area is so pleasant and the patio, creekside, is even more so to just sit outdoors and enjoy the weather and ever-running creek. We highly recommend The Gulch as your headquarters when staying in the Black Hills. Everything is just a pleasant short drive away, and returning to the Deadwood Gulch Resort for the night is fabulous!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for creekside, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I could respond with equally wonderful accolades about you! It's a pleasure serving such wonderful guests! We are blessed to have so many return visitors. See you in September!
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

In Deadwood overnight because of work- wanted to stay away from downtown noise and distractions and the Deadwood Gulch was suggested. I've gambled there before, but not stayed there until last night.

Excellent choice to stay at if you want to have a relaxing stay; rooms are good; check in staff (Wes & Keith) went out of their ways to find a replacement phone charger and some miscellaneous "stuff" I forgot; Cocktail server (Cary) was on her "A" game in the evening while I invested; Breakfast in the morning was a plateful of food and the food / beverage director (Don) checked on all the tables to make sure things were as they should be. I've NEVER seen that at another resort-

This is a pleasant place to stay if you want to get away from the downtown distractions and noise- with tour buses coming in from Williston & Gillette, it can get a bit rowdy downtown- The Deadwood Gulch is away from downtown, yet very easy to find and also on the shuttle route. Party down town, rest up here.

The final decision, though, is: would I stay here again? Yes. I usually stay at another location in Deadwood, but I'll probably switch my reservations to here.

Room Tip: If you need a lot of plug ins, bring a power strip; even number rooms are creekside, odd number grou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Mills, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We just were married on Friday April 27th and stayed at Deadwood Gulch Resort for our Honeymoon!!!! We were treated so wonderful by the friendly staff and the room was amazing! We loved the creek running by our window...the room was so very clean and comfortable. We loved the lucky ducky and the special touches like the handwritten note, basket and champagne. We had the Best time and will be back again soon! Thank you again for everything! Mr. and Mrs. Mooney

Room Tip: Ask for creek side it is so peaceful!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Deadwood Gulch Gaming Resort? Share your experiences!