“yelled at by help at casino” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Activities in Deadwood
Type: Amusement
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: One of 80 gaming halls in Deadwood, this one is owned by Kevin Costner.
“yelled at by help at casino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

The cashier yelled at me because I mixed coins in my cup and the machine can not sort them. I told her I was very sorry, that the casinos in Cripple Creek had machines that sorted. She was outraged! She screamed you are not in Cripple Creek! you are in Deadwood South Dakota1. I told her that i knew that, then looked around for some signs saying to keep your change seperate.
most of the casinos clear out by ten and they don't even ask you if you want water. Alot of them close early. I was in the service industry and I think that alot of the people there need to learn how to be customer friendly. There was no one around when this lady yelled at me, but I was really embarassed!

Pittsburgh, PA
“The Midnight Star Really Shines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

Having been to Deadwood many times, I can honestly say that The Midnight Star is one of my favorite places to hang out. Located in a beautifully restored historic building right on Main Street, it has plenty of slots and gaming tables, plus two restaurants -- Diamond Lil's (a casual sports-bar atmosphere where the food is great and the portions generous) and Jake's (top-notch fine-dining in an elegant atmosphere). I've always found the people (bartenders, servers, etc.) to be very friendly. Also it's fun to walk around and look at displays of posters and costumes and items from Kevin Costner's movies. If you're in Deadwood, be sure to check-out The Midnight Star.