“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Dakota Dunes
Britton, South Dakota
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Everyone on the staff were nice. The place was clean and fairly quiet. The breakfast was good with various choices for protein (instead of just carb loading). Good size rooms.

My only complaint was that there were 3 families of us and we wanted to play cards later in the night but there was no place to play except in the room, which was not comfortable. They wouldn't let us play in the eating area where there were tables and chairs. I understand they don't want people eating all the food, but it would have been nice to play cards with a table and chairs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Checked in late, desk staff was very welcoming. I was checked in quickly and found my room to be nice and cool. The door to my room didn't shut good. I would leave and come back realizing nit had not shut all the way. Breakfast was very good, had hot items. Tv channels were not as listed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were finishing up our last day of traveling before reaching home after over 3,000 miles riding our motorcycle into the Southwest U.S. We had planned to stop in Sioux City, Iowa at a Days Inn, but discovered the Iowa tractor tour was in town and there wasn't a room to be had within miles. Thanks to a well informed host at the AmericInn (next to the Days Inn) we learned that the nearest available rooms were 20 miles away in Dakota Dunes, SD. So we headed north into South Dakota. It was right off the I-29 making it easy to find. When we checked in we were greeted warmly with the words "yes there is room in the inn." There is a restaurant next door to the motel, so as soon as we unloaded the bike we headed there for something to eat. Back at the motel we found our room to be clean, of ample size, and having everything we needed for our night's stay. The room was quiet and we had good beds. The breakfast in the morning was more than ample. We did pay a little more than we had planned for the room, but the value was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a very clean and well maintained motel. It is just off I 29, but still a very quiet and relatively non-commercial area. The room was spotless, as were the public areas. My check-in experience was not especially welcoming, and then I discovered the alarm clock in my room did not work. Since I had to get up at 5:30 AM I really wanted a reliable alarm clock, so I took the non-functioning one to the front desk and the same lady was there who checked me in. She was not particularly anxious to please. Not rude, but not pleasant either. I said something to the effect that I should have suspected the clock would be trouble because it was unplugged when I got in the room. She said not a word but went to a closet and took out another alarm clock and brought it out and handed it to me and said not a word. Unfortunately this one did not work either, but at least it had a different issue than the first one. After a half hour of trying to beat it into submission I gave up and just set my cell phone alarm. I am not an idiot who can't set an alarm clock...I travel for business at least 2 or 3 times and month and have set hundreds of alarm clocks with a problem. ANYWAY, a different clerk was on duty the next night and she was very pleasant, friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. So all in all the staff averaged out as OK.

The breakfast buffet is better than average with scrambled eggs & make'em waffles as well as all the regular stuff. Very good coffee.

I would stay here again; quiet pleasant room and the ceilings are very high so the room seemed quite spacious. another thing -- the table/desk was full sized, a nice surprise for a business traveler. One suggestion, if you want a frig & micro you should call direct to this motel and see if they actually have them in your room. I was expecting them because I saw on the general Country Inn & Suites that there was "frig & microwave in "every room" but that is not the case. I didn't ask about it at the desk because it wasn't important to me anyway. Even the In-Room information booklet says all the rooms have frig/micro, so they must have been removed recently.

Room Tip: If you want a frig &/or micro call the motel direct to see if they actually have them in the roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wilber, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wonderful place to stay, rooms are spacious and clean. No odd smells. The staff went out of there way answering questions and giving directions. My friend has an allergy to feathers and they removed the bedding as requested. Breakfast was excellent and had an attendant at all times to help and replenish fresh food. The beds were so comfortable. Slept well and felt safe here. Will stay again at this chain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel while in town for a conference. About 10 minutes from downtown, it was a good location if coming from he north. He hotel itself was clean, good service, and decent breakfast. Good hotel to stay at if traveling through and need a safe clean hotel for he night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Smithfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After many detours in the fall, due to the flooding along the Missouri River in the spring, we finally got to a comfortable motel. We were tired and the staff made us feel welcome and did a quick checkin. The lobby had several papers so we could take one up to the room along with comfortable seating in the lobby. We were pleased with the quiet clean room and sleeping was great. Breakfast room was busy and full. We had a large selection of breakfast foods and enjoyed the selection. There was a attendant there to help you if you needed. Worth the stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Dakota Dunes? Share your experiences!