“Less than we expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Romulus, New York
“Less than we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were on our way back to NY state. Stopped here after visiting sites in SD. Staff was friendly but hotel was less than we expected. Rooms were clean. A/C could have been cooler. Breakfast was okay but have seen better at other Best Westerns. No laundry facility. Price was good for what we got.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have stayed other places in Chamberlain and this was the best so far. The value is good and the rooms are clean. We love the location down town close to the river. Every thing was clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I’m glad I stayed here. Originally I had a rez at a highly recommended mom & pop, but when I got there I called B.W. to see if they had a room.

Nice size room. Old, dated, but well-maintained. Friendly staff. Very clean.
A/C gets good and cold, but takes a while to get there. Strange thermostat. I think it may be a central chilled water system. Pretty good breakfast. Good Wi-Fi, although my room was close to office. Good location, just a few blocks from the main drag through town.

If coming from west (Rapid City) can take Oacoma exit and smaller (I-90 BR) bridge (a.k.a. Hwy 16) to avoid a long stretch of 20 mph speed limit when coming from I-90 bridge. Also currently lots of construction on I-90 bridge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed one night as rest point during our trip. Our biggest complaint was smell in the room. We were told this is a non-smoking hotel. I suspect room was converted from a smoking room.

The strong odor was really annoy. We even didn't take luggage inside room.

The breakfast was all right. There is a big lake nearby, but we didn't have time to explore it.

We regret booking hotel in this place, probably should stay in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The first room had the odor of dogs, so when we switched, the problem was resolved.

The room was very adequate and the mattress was firm with pillow top that pleased one and all.
The front desk was friendly and helpful in every way.

The breakfast was very plentiful with Belgian waffles, cold cereal, apple juice, coffee and milk, prepackaged mini muffins and doughnuts, apple fritters, and hard-boiled eggs.

The swimming pool was across the parking lot (indoors) and enjoyed by many of the guests.

Many guest enjoyed visiting with each other in front of their rooms sharing their stories of traveling the country.

The price was exceptional for what we received.

Room Tip: Ask for a different room if you are not satisfied.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Ive read some of the reviews, and I see some were very dissapointed in their stay at this Best Western. I agree, it probably should not have the Best Western name, as the hotel is old, and could use to be updated, BUT, I stay there because it is half way to my destination, and it always feels good to pull into the lot. The rooms are clean, the water hot, the breakfast just what I need, and I feel safe there alone. The staff is always very nice, and are happy to have your business. The biggest drawback is there is nowhere there to get a bite to eat if you arrive late. And I do mean nowhere, so be sure to pack a "lunch" or your going to be mighty hungry by the morning! I will stay here again, I just want a safe clean inexpensive place to lay my head, I could care less about all the perks other places provide, I'm just there to sleep, so to pay an extra 50 bucks for a fancier place, just doesnt make sense to me. Happy Vacationing!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the pool is open prior to booking!,
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
mitchell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my stay! The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was very clean. The pool was in great condition too. The view of the river is right behind the motel and breath-taking! I would definately stay again and reccomend to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Best Western Lee's Motor Inn? Share your experiences!