“Good value for the night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Chamberlain

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Chamberlain to your Saves list
Super 8 Chamberlain
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lakeview Heights Box 36, I-90 Exit 263, Chamberlain, SD 57325-0036   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Chamberlain
“Good value for the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Our family of 4 stayed one night at the Super 8 in Chamberlain on our drive our to Yellowstone. I was impressed by this place. The room was basic, but clean. Beds were comfortable. There is a very nice indoor pool with a magnificent view of the river. We were looking for a cheap place to spend the night, what we found was a good, inexpensive, place to stay. If I find myself traveling through South Dakota in the future, I will gladly make this a stopping place again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bostonn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

The motel provided the expected comfort and conveniences that the many Super 8 motels did. Consistency is key on a trip like ours, when we were usually not able to make advance reservations. My mishap at this motel was forgetting a personal item in the room. Then everything came unglued! Nothing I could do or no one I could talk to could get manager "Sandy" to commit to a timetable to forward my item to a future address in a timely manner. The business card at registration shows the owner to be Warren Hickey. NOT! When I insisted, I was finally referred to Deb Crawford of North Main Investment whose phone went unanswered; then was answered by Deb; then was answered by Stephanie. No help here either. I finally received my item 16 days later at the address where I had just checked out. The motel is OK, but this motel is not reponsive to individual customer needs.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

This was the best Super 8 we've stayed at! Our view was gorgeous of the bridge/river. They also had a deck outside the pool area with a great view! Room was very nice with a fridge and microwave. Bathroom was super small! The pool area was awesome!!!! Open 7-11 (great hours) some hotels close their pools early and don't reopen them until late. A sign said there was a sauna but we couldn't find it. Breakfast was great. Waffles, sausage/pancake sandwiches, cold and hot cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. Check in was great (nice guy).
Will absolutely stay here again when coming through!

• Liked — The pool and view
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

This was a disgusting hotel. There were swarms of bugs all around the lights near the door that you needed to enter your hotel in, and the result was beetles crawling all over inside your clothes by the time you got into your room. They were in our bed, everywhere. Also the front desk lady was really rude and tacked on a hidden charge - extra cost for having double occupancy instead of single. Ridiculous! Who heard of paying $80 for an awful, 0-star quality highway rest stop? She did the same thing to a family of 4 who came in behind me, they had to pay like $95 for a dumpy room. There was a free breakfast, although the quality was so awful I'd rather pay to eat anywhere else. If you are passing through SD, I strongly recommend that you avoid this hotel!

• Liked — There was a free Internet station in the main lobby area
  • Disliked — It was dirty, dingy, the blankets were more raggedy than my garage rags
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Margate, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Stopped here passing through on the way west. Nice basic hotel, nothing fancy, reasonably priced, There's an indoor pool and spa that looked nice. Hey, it's a Super 8 not the Ritz Carlton....

• Liked — good basic clean room
  • Disliked — it's not easy to get a parking spot that's convenient to an entrance
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2002

We got the room 404-after 8:00pm on Friday night...were told big POW-WOW in town, no other rooms available. Got to room...went to make coffee...large 1 inch diameter spider living in web on mirror on telephone cord. Web on dresser/ mirror/ coffee maker..I got rid of spider/webs..called desk...they asked me what I wanted them to do!!!When I got off phone pulled bedding down, white thick web on night stand side. I cleaned/dusted whole room, lousy night sleep.. when we checked out I told woman at desk about finding more spider webs by the bed..she shook her head..no words. I turned in key cards and lef t.

Been to Super 8 Chamberlain? Share your experiences!