“Nicely Surprised ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Chamberlain

You added Super 8 Chamberlain to your Saves list
Super 8 Chamberlain
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lakeview Heights Box 36, I-90 Exit 263, Chamberlain, SD 57325-0036   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Chamberlain
Lebanon Missouri
“Nicely Surprised ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The interior central hallway needs refurbishing and had me a little concerned about my one night stay. However, the room was nice, clean, didn't smell at all. The bed was great. Good water pressure and flow in shower. I would stay again and for a longer time. The kitchenette would be appreciated on a longer stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
SandiChamberlain, General Manager at Super 8 Chamberlain, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Thank You for choosing the Super 8 of Chamberlain SD. We have painted and put new carpet in the main building last year. We will be doing more this fall. Hope to see you next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The room was as expected for a Super 8. Made my reservation online during sturgis bike week 200 miles from the motel. When I arrived I checked the rates available and found a rate 40.00 less than the rate I reserved. When I asked at check in I was told the actual rate for the room I got was $5.00 more than what I reserved. After riding 500 miles that day I didn't argue and just checked in. Later that evening I went to the front desk and showed the woman there the $40.00 cheaper rate advertised. She did reluctantly refund me the difference.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SandiChamberlain, General Manager at Super 8 Chamberlain, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Thank You for staying with us at Chamberlain Super 8. As our room inventory goes down it will change the rates. I glad that the Front Desk clerk did make the ajustment for you. Hope you had fun in Sturgis and hope to see you for the 75th next year.
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overlooking I-90's intersection with the Missouri River, you couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting on the Great Plains. Unfortunately, the hotel doesn't match the scenery.

While the receptionist was extremely friendly, the rooms were of decent size, and the hotel was clean, the hotel was overpriced - as expensive as a decent hotel in a mid-sized city - though out on the Great Plains the hotels all seemed relatively expensive. The breakfast in the morning was drab and uninviting - no real choices in fruit and basically only toast and waffles to eat. What really brought the hotel down though were the paper thin walls.

After we pulled into the hotel on June 28, 2014 and settled into our room on the second floor, a repeated loud banging begin to come from the room below us. The receptionist then telephoned us and reported that the occupants below were complaining about the noise we were making when walking. Thing is, we were only doing normal things like walking to and from the bathroom. The receptionist topped it off by declaring that the walls were very thin and that we should try not walking around. Which begs the question, should we need to use the facilities in the middle the night without walking, did the receptionist expect us to use chamber pots?

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SandiChamberlain, General Manager at Super 8 Chamberlain, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I would like to start out by apologizing to you for the Front Desk staff. They should of offered to move you to a quieter room. As for the price of the room we have to be competitive with our rate in our location. I am hoping that when you come though South Dakota that you do give us another chance to prove ourselves of being like the scenery exceptional.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The room felt like it was in a basement, very stuffy smelly and dank. The carpet felt terrible underfoot, to dirty and tacky feeling to walk on. The bed was sufficient ..We paid way to much but after driving 15 hrs. we didn't have much fight in us. The room was small the only chair to sit on was nasty. They don't give you many towels or washcloths, one per person. I wouldn't even consider super 8 motels in any state now because of this stay. We were there June 26, 2014.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel altogether.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SandiChamberlain, General Manager at Super 8 Chamberlain, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I want apologize for the unsatisfied stay you had here at the Chamberlain Super 8. I have looked into what you said was wrong with the room. And it is in a partial basement. That is how the Super 8 buildings were designed to have split levels. I again apologize and hope that maybe when coming through South Dakota that you would give us another chance to serve your needs better.

Been to Super 8 Chamberlain? Share your experiences!