“not a bad place to stay at all. I just had a dirty room...” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Brookings
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3034 LeFevre Drive, Brookings, SD 57006   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brookings
Brookings
“not a bad place to stay at all. I just had a dirty room...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

not a bad place to stay at all. I just had a dirty room with dirty towels and trash from the previous guest. other than that, everything went well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Debra57006, General Manager at Super 8 Brookings, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am so very sorry, what can I say other than I was mortified when I heard of this. There was absolutely no excuse for a room to not be completely cleaned nor for my staff to not have moved you to a different room. As you can tell by other reviews, this is most certainly not how we treat our guests. Please accept my apologies and if you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, you will be receiving a certificate in your mailbox for a free night stay on us. We take a great deal of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and customer service. It is very important to us that everyone enjoy a clean room and a restful night and to be treated with the utmost courtesy and hospitality. We failed miserably on all accounts and I apologize.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brookings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We got a room and someone had definitely been smoking in there. The staff then brought us to another room which was worse. They gave us febreeze which helped. Probably won't be back because of this. Everything else was great. Good choices for breakfast, pool and hot tubs were hot and staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Debra57006, General Manager at Super 8 Brookings, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
First of all I want to thank you for choosing the Brookings Super 8. I want to you to know that I understand your comment and agree with you entirely that nobody wants to stay in a stinky room. I apologize for the smokey room smell and the fact that we were unable to move you to an acceptible room. The smokey smell was quite possibly the result of a residual odor of smoke if you stayed in one of the rooms that we converted to Non smoking. No matter what anyone says, just by painting the walls and washing the fabrics, you cannot remove the smoke odor completely. The GOOD NEWS is - as of today, those rooms have had new carpet installed and smell GREAT!!! Even better news is that the entire hotel is being recarpeted as we speak as part of our rennovation. 50% of the second floor is already done! Once that is finished there will be all new furniture and drapery installed as well. We would like it if you would give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and I will promise you that you will never stay in a smokey smelling room at this hotel again and I think that you will see that our guests are important to us as we continue to make improvements.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I travel quite often,& this was one of the cleanest rooms/hotels I have stayed in, even compared to rooms costing 4 times as much! All of the staff was extremely friendly. The complimentary breakfast offered a very nice selection of food options, while the girl that oversaw that particular area was SO nice & never stopped checking to make sure everything was well stocked, & clean at all times. They made my stay as enjoyable as possible, under the circumstances of my travelling due to a family funeral. I stayed at a different hotel in the area the last time I was in Brookings, which I would NOT recommend. I would definitely recommend this Super 8 to anyone looking for a hotel in Brookings,SD!

Room Tip: I always request a room on the upper floor as far away from elevator & Vending Room as possible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Debra57006, General Manager at Super 8 Brookings, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Brookings Super 8 and for the five star review! And thank you for your nice comments about our breakfast hostess. She is a gem and takes very good care of our guests and enjoys doing so. We love what we do here. Thank you again for being our guest If you are back in the area we invite you to stay with us again. We are making steady progress on our rennovation project and I think you will be pleased with the changes that we are making for you and all of our other guests.

Been to Super 8 Brookings? Share your experiences!