“Nice place after they trap you” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brookings
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice place after they trap you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I called in to reserve a room for one night for my nieces wedding. My requests were simple, a room on the first floor, and the total for the night so I could budget for the trip. I have a serious knee and hip issue that make stairs a challenge. I do not have allot of money to spend just like everyone else these days. I will be checking in late.

When I get to the desk, the price is 30% more than quoted. I am told well that's just the taxes. I thought I asked for a total. I was given a key and realized it was on the second floor so asked for the room I requested on the first floor since you don't have an elevator. OOPS we are sold out and don't have another room on the first floor.

Well it is what it is and its one night so I will get through this just like I got through Honduras. I ask where vending is since now I'm eating out of the machines... they don't work. it raining cats and dogs and I have to walk to a gas station to even get a snack.

Ya know I used to stay at super 8 allot and I guess they just seem to be painting turds lately this is the 4th or 5th bad stay for me in a row at a Wyndham property.

More to the point if they had been honest about the pricing I would have checked some of the 6 other very close hotels...

Room Tip: If you look to your right when you pull in the parking lot you will see the Holliday Inn Express and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Debra57006, General Manager at Super 8 Brookings, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are very sorry that you had a bad experience during your recent visit. As a rule, when taking a reservation, our guest service representatives make notes for special requests from our guests to make sure that they get the room that they are asking for. We did not intentionally disregard your request and I apologize that we were unable to honor your request.due to a full hotel. We would otherwise have been very happy to move you to a different room. We also work very hard to make sure that all of our equipment is functioning properly and the guest rooms are clean for our guests. The vending machine you spoke of had just began malfunctioning that evening during the severe storm we were experiencing and we did call the repairman but he was unavailable at the time. Never the less, it is important that each of our guests leave satisfied with their stay. Once again I apologize for your less than great stay and invite you to give us another chance should you be in the area in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Super 8 was an excellent place to stay for the right price. The rooms were very clean and the desk staff (Miranda, Liz and Alicia) were awesome!! Very helpful and polite. The breakfast was filling and the rooms, lobby and breakfast room were very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is not a memorable stay, beds are comfortable but the chairs in the rooms are not. The bathroom is small and has low water pressure in the shower - extending the time required to rinse oneself. If you are looking for a basic room for a modest price, this is the place for you.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Brookings? Share your experiences!