Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brandon
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls to your Saves list
26014 478th Avenue, Brandon, SD 57005   |
des moines
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We camp in a travel trailer and stayed in the red row, about 5-6 from the left. Camp site is VERY clean and staff is super nice! Tons of activities for kids throughout the day. This is a family-run campground and it's been in the same family for around 30 years, they are wonderful people and do a great job!

The wagon rides with Yogi, Booboo and the Ranger were so neat for the kids. They are out a lot, which surprised me because it was very hot! There is one water-wagon ride one day, be prepared to be soaked, the little ones do not like it so much, but the staff really get into it. It was a hot day for us so I didn't mind a bit. The pool is huge, and there is a hot tub - all renovated 3 years ago. The pool has a very nice wading area for the little ones.

"Bruce" that someone else mentioned, reminded me of my dad, maybe a little on the rough side, but we weren't around him a lot. He fixed the tether ball on the playground. There was a slight smell as someone else referenced. It was not anoying. We noticed a herd of buffalo a few miles down I-90 that could be the source. But again, it was not anoying.

There is a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning that was perfect for a quick clean up and head out day. Overall, we had a wonderful time and will go back next year!

Room Tip: Just beyond the red row, there is a line of pines, a hill and a lower campground area. This area is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Looked like there were quite a few new upgrades. Our site for our 38' motorhome was nice. The kids had a great time at the pool. It was not one of the fancy pool areas like some Jellystone Parks have, but it was a nice sized pool with a shallow area for the little ones. I did not have any experiences at all with someone being rude. Everyone was pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We went on a family camping trip to Yogi Bear near Sioux Falls by Brandon. The owner, Bruce, is VERY rude and uses a loud, mean voice to the kids. Our middle guy (4) was told to SIT DOWN before we had even found places to sit on the wagon ride. Of course, we are going to find a place and sit, but he is not the kid of kid to push his way for a seat - heck, Yogi bear wasn't even on. I found Bruce to be quite mean to children. There is golf - but it was $8 for myself and our 6 year old to goofy golf which took 10 minutes. There are lots of things to do - but they charge expensive prices for everything. The shower curtain (wooden) wouldn't even shut so I took a shower w 2 of our children with the shower door standing open. Geez! For $50 per night for a pop up camper....2 adults and 3 kids under 7, we thought it was very expensive per night let alone the extras that you do. Once a year, we bite the bullet and camp there - otherwise we save money and go to a kinder place! Bruce needs to lighten up!!! Oh, the rope across the pool was taken down also. I said - our children know not to go past the rope and bruce said - Yep, it is down. I think Bruce would be good at collections but not at working a family campground. Stay away from him and bring lots of money!

Room Tip: They will NOT give you a campsite number b4 you get there - and it will be one of the worst sites un...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Might be that we just don't like private campgrounds, but we really didn't like this one. It is clean and everyone was friendly. But the tent sites are awful - small, uncovered, right near the interstate. The sound of the trucks was ceaseless. There is also an awful smell (manure?) throughout the whole campground.

• Stayed July 2011
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

We stayed here in an RV. I did not use the bathrooms, so cannot comment on the state of those, but my husband thought they were acceptable.

Pros: All the spots are level pull throughs. Picnic tables were in good condition. Grounds are VERY clean. Never saw any trash whatsoever lying around. In fact, if you leave your garbage bags by the road, the staff will haul them away for you. You are escorted to your campsite by an employee in a golf cart. Many activities are scheduled for children. With the exception of bingo and mini golf, all activities are free. The kids loved the jumping pillow and the wagon ride with Yogi. They have themed weekends with coordinating activities. The campground is easy to find. It's right off I-90. You can be at the mall in Sioux Falls in about 25 minutes. You could be at downtown attractions in even less time than that. It's also a great spot for anyone passing through on their way east or west. Water temp of the pool was reasonable. Nice variety of chairs surrounding the pool. Plenty of necessities available at the campground store. The staff was friendly and helpful. We never got bored. Despite the close proximity to the freeway, the campground itself got quiet quickly at night. We never heard any campground noises which woke us up, which was a first for us.

Cons: The only storm shelters are the two comfort stations. I doubt everyone would fit inside and these are not underground. The water in the pool was very cloudy. You do not get a scorecard when you play mini golf, so if keeping score is important to you, bring a pencil and paper. The pool is very small and got quite crowded by mid afternoon. Smoking is allowed in the pool area as are mega squirt guns. I got zapped being an innocent bystander while fully clothed. The campsites are very narrow. We were not able to position our camper so that our slide could be out on one side and the awning could be out on the other without hitting something.

Tip: If you stay here, do not book a campsite in row D, if at all possible. This is the closest section to I-90 and you will hear the constant drone of traffic. This is also the lowest terrain, therefore, this would be the most likely section to flood in a heavy rain. Finally, there are no mature shade trees in this section. All the other sections have mature trees, so I'm guessing this section is somewhat newer.

Finally, if you've got kids and are looking to keep them busy all weekend, this is THEE place for you. If you don't have kids and are looking for some R and R, a state park would be a better choice for you.

The kids had a blast and we will most definitely return, but now that we're wiser, we'll book a site in a different section.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Beecher, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

This park was a lot of fun with clean facilities, fun activities for children and adults alike, and great picture opportunities. The prices were good and the staff were very knowledgeable and hardworking. It is also very close to The Falls downtown. The bouncy pillow was excellent, a great workout, and tons of fun for all! Overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

As a single person travelling with cats, it's not always easy finding lodging, let alone anything reasonably priced that doesn't turn around and add in an additional pet surcharge. When it came time to plan this vacation, I decided to explore other options and stumbled across the website for this campground. I'm happy that I did.

This was my first time staying at a campground instead of in a hotel or motel, and yes, there are differences. I rented a "Yogi Bear's Cabin" for my two night's stay - the most rustic of the three options. I had two rooms, with a double bed and two sets of bunkbeds, a microwave, mini refrigerator, and television/dvd player for much less than I've paid for motel rooms in the past. I did know from the website that this type of cabin does not include a private bathroom, but they were only a short walk away, and the showers made it worth it. The mattresses were also less than ideal, but I realize that they were probably typical of what one would find at any similar campground.

This is definitely a resort geared for families with children. The Yogi Bear theme is everywhere, as I had expected, and there are planned activities and other amenities to keep children entertained. I did not, however, feel out of place travelling alone. The staff was courteous and helpful, and I'm extremely impressed by how clean the entire facility - cabin, bathrooms, grounds - is. It was also wonderful to know that the cats were actually welcome instead of merely tolerated - and there was no additional charge for their stay. I would definitely consider a second stay if I make it back to Sioux Falls again.

• Liked — It was very pet-friendly
  • Disliked — The mattresses
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort of Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!