“Won't stay here again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Belle Fourche

Super 8 Belle Fourche
You added Super 8 Belle Fourche to your Saves list
Super 8 Belle Fourche
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 National Street, Jct Hwy 85 and National St, Belle Fourche, SD 57717   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Belle Fourche
Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
“Won't stay here again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The room we stayed in had holes in the wall. When we tried to get one more pillow my son went down to the front desk and waited for 20 mins (3x he tried), no one was around and no one would answer the phone when we called from our room. If it wasn't for the fact the we already paid for the room we would have left and went somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vermillion, South Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here last week for a friend's wedding. After the ceremony and reception, I called the front desk at 11:57 p.m. for two pillows. This is how the conversation went:

"Can I get two pillows at Room 206?"
"Now?"
"Uh, yes."
"You want me to bring them to you?"
(At this point, I am annoyed, but also tired. I just want a good night's sleep.)
"I'll just come down and get them."

I come down to find a sighing lady dramatically checking a closet. "Little late, isn't it?" she asks. Well, perhaps, but I think it's fair to ask for two pillows before midnight. Then, a tall gentleman with a tattoo and a mullet walks out. "You need these pillows tonight?"

Yeah. Yeah, I do. That's why I called and that's why we paid for the hotel room. We don't need anything special - a front desk attendant that doesn't make us wait 10 minutes to check in, a breakfast nook bigger than a car trunk, a password for the supposedly-free internet - but I do need pillows.

The lady - who I later learned has worked there for four days - sighs some more. "I don't know if we have any. I'll have to wake up the owner."

Forget it. I was tired of talking to people and tired of being spoken down to because I wanted two <expletive> pillows.

The next morning, the lady explained how the number is for emergency uses only. Calling for two pillows is not part of her job. She showed no regret in any of her actions and did nothing to make it right.

Yesterday, I learned a friend that stayed at the same hotel had called for pillows earlier. When she returned them, the same lady who seemed grossly inconvenienced by my pillow request complained to my friend about the person who called for pillows. Classy.

I don't expect anything amazing out of a small-town Super 8, but basic consideration and customer service is a requirement no matter where the place. I am disgusted by the employees of this hole and strongly encourage others to take advantage of other motels in the area where customers are hopefully treated with basic politeness.

Room Tip: Get one that isn't in the Super 8 in Belle Fourche.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manitoba Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights Clean and friendly

Would stay again. Any requests were handled immediately. Good budget friendly place.

Rooms had fridges in them and grocery was across street. We ate breakfast at Patti's Place in strip mall across the street even though breakfast was offered at hotel. We love this cute little restaurant. Try PAtti's Place you will love it.

• Stayed August 2012
Plymouth, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Have spent 6 nights at this location and the rooms and service have been fantastic.. The staff is very friendly and have made the stay the best.. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to do..Best hotel experience I can remember..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Eaton Rapids, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Don't stay here.
When we arrived the Front Desk Agent was on the phone, she looked at us and held up her finger for us to wait. She was booking a room for that night, she offered that guest a room away from the highway to limit noise in the room. When the call was finished, she waited on us. Never appolging for the delay. She booked our room, guess who recieved the room on the highway side.
The room itself was a single. It looked that one bed was removed to qualify it as a single.
Their was NO work space, only a small desk that the coffe pot, phone was also on. The dresser held the TV.
The air conditioner did not work.
I asked for one additional Towel, and was great by a rolling of the eyes and given a towel that was half dry, but folded. I was told the house keeping was in a hurry.
The breakfast area was a small nook that you could almost turn around in.
When we were ready to check out (around 8am) the front desk staff was not at the desk. There was a sign indicating to pick up phone and call zero to contact the staff.
When we asked for a reciept, we were given a hand written reciept.

We were on a week long vacation accross the country and I can say, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway, it makes a big difference. we were not given that choice. als...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The staff was very courteous. The microwave in our room didn't and they gave us another one. Also, we had problems getting on the internet and they came and helped us. The only drawback of this motel was they didn't have have much for breakfast but it was good though. I had noticed on their website that they advertised two queen beds in one room but they only had double beds but the owner said she would call headquarters and see why it didn't show two double beds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Agoura Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

At the Super 8 at Belle Fourche, I took stock of my quarters. Although a bit on the small side, they were exceptionally clean, featuring a queen size bed, bureau, desk with chair, in-room safe, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and good-sized television. I spent a pleasant evening relaxing and listening to music from my CD player before retiring after having driven 451 miles today.
The continental breakfast here consisted for me of just doughnuts and coffee, after which I was bound for Mount Rushmore. Now began in episode of total fiasco. Before breakfast, I had taken my small bag and placed it in front of the passenger's seat in the car. During my travels for business and pleasure, I have probably rented cars more than 1200 times, always careful to keep track of the keys and having no problem. Today I broke that record: when ready to take to the road, I saw my keys there on the passenger seat inside the locked car.
Back in the Super 8 office I told the manager, Joan, of my dilemma. In the phone book she looked up the numbers of locksmiths until I happened to mention that I was a member of AAA. She then phoned of the local AAA office, and within fifteen minutes a man was there to open the car for me. Much relieved, I reached in from the driver's side to retrieve the keys and put my larger suitcase into the trunk. After signing the appropriate papers, the AAA agent departed and I was all set to go – except now I couldn't find the keys. After searching everywhere, I told Joan of my predicament, so she and her two assistants in turn (not leaving the office unattended) went over the car – as I had – with a fine tooth comb, feeling down between the seats, looking under the car, and so forth. It was to no avail although the three of them spent considerable time trying to help me out. During this time all four doors of the car were wide open to facilitate the search. After we had given up and Joan was about to call for a locksmith to fashion a duplicate key, I happen to remember that the only place I had not looked was the lock of the passenger's door which I opened after retrieving the key – and Eureka! – there it was. If any of us had walked completely around the car, we would have seen the key in the lock of the open door, but none of us had done so. Holding up the key triumphantly I raced back to the office so that Joan would not have a locksmith come out unnecessarily. Naturally I felt like an idiot, but cannot begin to express how grateful I was for all the efforts that the three Super 8 employees had made in my behalf.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Belle Fourche? Share your experiences!