“Amazing Brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Restored 1920's era building. Eclectic decor that supports the local art community.
Columbia
“Amazing Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Although I've never tried their lunch or dinner I'm sure it's just as good as their Sunday brunch! My friend and I split a mimosa pitcher to start then I had the hangover hash browns which were amazing!! A little bit of a drive outside of columbia but definitely worth it!! Will be back for more brunches and to try their other menus!

Columbia, South Carolina
“My go to spot in West Columbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I don't know why I have taken so long to write this review. Perhaps it is because I like going here and knowing I won't have to wait for a table. I have been eating at Cafe Strudel for years, but the menu has changed for the better over the years. I used to come here just for breakfast, but now it calls me for both lunch and dinner too. Lunch can be crowded, but you can usually get a table. They offer creative sandwiches with nice sides. The desserts are FABULOUS! I think I will try a different one every time I visit! I cannot remember the names of what I have had, but they have all been great. Last time I had the tiramisu and it was the BEST I have ever had. As a matter of fact, the same visit the couple next to us at the bar, started their meal with dessert! Also they have great appetizers, I love the nachos, fried green tomatoes and the hummus spread. My favorite entree is the pork tacos. I enjoy it so much that I have trouble trying other entrees. Maybe it is a good thing they have so many desserts waiting on me!

Savannah, Georgia
“Great Choices and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is off a slightly busy street in West Columbia, and parking is available in the back lot. I arrived early for dinner and had my choice of tables. I've always wanted to try Duck Fat Fries, so I ordered a basket and they were decadent, but too much for me to finish. Forgoing a healthy meal, I also had Seafood Mac and Cheese, which was likewise delicious. With all of the interesting choices on the menu, it was almost hard to decide what to get, but I was pleased with my items, and would like to try more still.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Clever menu with great desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to this restaurant by a SC State Museum staffer who told us a group from the museum eat there frequently. Reasonable prices for good food and an attentive wait staff. There is a children's menu and wonderful desserts. We got chocolate cake and 4 forks and the kids and adults were in heaven! We will return again.

Visited August 2014
North Carolina
“Went for dinner at an off-time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Bright, nice atmosphere, but so-so food. Their breakfast options are supposed to be great, but we were there for dinner. Everyone working there was very nice.

• Visited August 2014