“I was having the "leaving Charleston cuisine blues."” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 126 Restaurants in West Columbia
Cuisines: American
Knoxville, Tennessee
“I was having the "leaving Charleston cuisine blues."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

After a weekend of fine, fresh cuisine in Charleston, I was dreading having to settle for fast food on the way home. So glad that I found Judy's.

Convenient off I-26 but a little hard to find until I realized that it was in the SC Farmers Market.

The meatloaf with the tomato salsa on top was extremely flavorful and so were the fresh veggies. Order the fruit cobbler too!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“I enjoyed my first visit to Judys.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

The service and atmosphere was wonderful. The food was tasty and at a reasonable price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia SC
“Great representative of SC specialities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Didn't have high expectations of a restaurant located in the SC State Farmer's Market but was amazed at the quality and value. Fried chicken, Ruben, Collards, Mac-n-Cheese and Pinto beans.... All top notch! Quick and friendly service.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Awesome country cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Great homemade food, friendly staff and a simple setting are Judy's selling points. Located at the State Farmers Market, fresh ingredients are always available, and the daily specials reflect this. Now that the market has been moved to a new location outside of town, I don't get out there as often as I used to. One of my main motivations to go is the bonus of breakfast or lunch at Judy's!

And, on top of all else, Judy's just got a perfect score (100%) on their unannounced health department inspection last week

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Been there two times..one good and one bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I went there on a weekday when Judy's was busy. Had to wait a good while for my food, but it was fresh cooked and very good.
Went there on aFriday night. When I got there about 5PM, there was no one there that I could see, no cars outside, but it was open. I wondered why. Rode around the market for an hour or so and came back, still no business to speak of, but went on in. Ordered shrimp special for wite and flounder for me. Wife liked shrimp OK. However, my flounder was a joke, thick hard crust with a tiny piece of fish inside. Fried okra, was mushy with a bad flavor as it had apparently been cooked for sometime and just kept warm, butter beans had to come from can. I should have known when they brought the food out very quickly after we were seated that it had been cooked a long time. i suspect the flounder was microwaved right out of a box, no grease on it from any frying. I would have give one star, were it not for the weekday meal that was fairly good. If you must go, go during the weekday when it is busy and they cook the food while you wait. I doubt i will go back again. Best home cooking place in Columbia is Lizards thicket, pretty much good all the time and they have many locations.
I certainly hate spending good money for bad food!
I told the check out guy that asked, that the food was not good. His reply….nothing! What could he say, he already knew. I think he was the cook.

• Visited May 2012