We were able to get a reasonable rate on the room. We only needed it for one night. It was my husband, our 2 son (teenage boys), and myself. When we arrived there were two wedding parties staying there. The lady at the front desk was apologetic because they just walked in and cut in front of people checking in. But she helped them first anyways.... The rooms are okay nothing special. For what appears to be a pretty new hotel it isn't very clean. The view from our room was of another hotel that was partially closed. The end that we were seeing was the end not used. Leaving us to see a run down building. The Bar/grill downstairs was dirty. We sat at the bar area the bar was so nasty it made us not eat there. If it looks like that out here no telling what the back of the house looks like! Overall it was a disappointment. This was our first experience with a Holiday Inn and will likely be out last. I wasn't impressed with anything. For what we paid we could have chosen a much nicer hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel AT ALL! The health department should pay them a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport, one of our top priorities is ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for our guests, employees and future generations by implementing environmentally responsible practices in every aspect of our hotel, from the original design to the day-to-day operations.Opened on Earth Day, April 22, 2010, our property is South Carolina's 1st full-service eco-friendly hotel. The property achieved Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification in 2012 and was titled Best Of South Carolina. Our green hotel located in Columbia, SC is not only safer and more healthy for guests and employees, but also for our community. The 122 room hotel has incorporated features that include a state-of-the-art ventilation system to improve air quality, energy recovery technology to temper outside air, rain water harvesting, tank-less hot water heaters, use of low emitting volatile organic compound (VOC) paint, adhesives., carpet, high efficiency fixtures and traction elevators designed for high energy efficiency. Owned by Capital Hospitality, LLC. and operated by Courtesy Management Inc. of Orangeburg, Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia-Airport looks to meet the increasing demands of guests who appreciate an environmentally focused design as well as high level of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia - Airport Hotel West Columbia
- Holiday Inn And Suites Columbia - Airport