“VERY good for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in West Columbia
Atlanta, Georgia
“VERY good for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have to admit I didn't have a lot of options for a last minute reservation when I came to Columbia for the home opener of the Gamecocks football season August 29th.
I chose this hotel for price ($75), ease for driving to the stadium and convenience to I-26. I was not expecting a 4 or 5 star room for that price but was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door. The room was actually quite nice. I was in a double and the beds were a little small but very clean. The bathroom, towels, carpet and furniture were all very clean as well. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful! I would stay here again if I am ever back in Columbia for a game.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Clarion Inn. Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback. Football season is an exciting time of the year and we are privileged that you chose our property to meet your needs for overnight accommodations. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This Place was overrated,over priced and scarey.The doors to the rooms open to dirty dimly lit corridors,we returned to the motel around ten p.m. and there were four huge bugs stuck to the wall near our door,as if they were waiting for us to open the door so they could get into the room. I tried to lift the floor lamp up to move it over and the whole lamp fell apart,when u flushed the toilet it sounded like a tidal wave.the only reason we stayed the night was because we had traveled nine hours,had a small child and were very tired.what really upset me was the rudeness of the lady in the dining room, when I asked if I could take a bagel,coffee and something for my grandson to eat back to my room .She rudely inform me of the policy ,not to take food to the rooms.AS if by doing so it would make the place dirtier.TOO BAD I PAID $128.00 But didnot get any rest/sleep because my room was near a main highway.However when I checked out early Misty? was very kind and helpful finding us a suitable hotel for the rest of our trip. THANKS MISTY.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay with the Clarion Inn. We had touched base when you were at the property and resolved your concerns to the understanding of Management. The Clarion Inn is an exterior corridor property that was not suitable for your needs when traveling. Our sleeping room doors do lead outside and the hotel is lush with green landscaping which many bugs, squirrels, and birds do make a home. We have regular scheduled pest control for the inside of the rooms and all common areas to ensure that the environment we can control is bug free. I apologize that you did not find the breakfast attendant friendly. It is the policy of the Clarion Inn to make sure that guests enjoy the complimentary continental buffet inside the restaurant. Any guest present with a breakfast coupon can stay and eat as much as they would like. I'm very pleased that you were able to find more suitable accommodations for the 5 members traveling in your party. Thank you for visiting Columbia.
Seneca, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The good - friendly and helpful staff, convenient to I-26, lots of parking, tv did not work in our room - they put us in another room - no problem, shower unit was new, water was hot, and we slept good!
The bad - TV's are from the '80s, all room access is from outside, holes in sheets, part of AC unit hanging down (but it did work), worn carpet, no fridge.
I was expecting something similar to a lot of the choice hotel rooms I have stayed in. Inside access, more space, fridge, nice tv, new linens. . .
I did not complain other than asking for a new room when our tv was out in the first one. It was clean enough and we slept well.
I will stay somewhere else next time in Columbia/West Columbia though - there are a lot better options, even in the Choice Hotel group, fairly close for the same price range.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, get a room facing the pool. Those facing I-26 get all the truck noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback of your stay with us at the Clarion Inn. I apologize that the property fell below your expectations. I understand that it must have been inconvenient to switch rooms and I apologize that our staff did not already identify and fix the issues you have listed. We are an exterior corridor property and although ownership has looked into enclosing the hallways, it just isn't possible for this property. We are currently in the process of upgrading to all flat screen tv's throughout the property. The Clarion Inn also has some rooms with refrigerators and microwaves but these rooms are limited and not guaranteed. Upon arrival the additional amenities can be requested and our friendly staff will do their best to meet your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like assistance with you future stays in Columbia.
merritt island, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stopped there for one night while traveling. They charged 79.00 for one room. It was very small and had. An outdoor corridor. One of the towels had a big stain on it. It was an ok room. But not worth the 79.00.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We at the Clarion Inn appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us while visiting Columbia. The Columbia market fluctuates pricing through the seasons and times of the week. With South Carolina's state capitol growing and producing interest in the city, it will cause rates to increase. I apologize that you did not feel like it was worth the value spent. I will schedule a meeting with my Management staff to see what additional amenities we could offer to make your stay more comfortable.
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Scary, rude and tiny is the best way to discibe this hotel. I checked in a night and it was very dark not much lighting thats the scary part. We asked for a crib because we had our grandson with us, the night clerk said he would have the security bring it to our room. When security brought the crib, which looked like it came from a hospital in the 50's. The room was to small two double beds we had no room to move, so we ask him to take it back he caught a real attitude with us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to submit your review of the property. I would like to apologize that your stay with the Clarion Inn fell below your expectations. I have personally addressed the issue with the on site security guard and have spoken with our maintenance technician to ensure that maintain a friendly, safe, and comfortable environment for our guests. Please feel free to contact us directly for assistance during your next visit to Columbia.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The front desk staff was wonderful, especially Ansley who noticed right away that I was an older woman traveling alone and very kindly walked me to my room when I checked in at 9:30pm. I have travelled a lot and this was the first time anyone has ever been so considerate. The room was great, bed very comfortable, good continental breakfast. I highly recommend the Clarion Inn at the Columbia Airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Clarion358, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We greatly appreciate your positive review. Ansley was also very excited to know that she helped to exceed your expectations. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you in the near future!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

was in town for a funeral and the hotel was just as great as last time i was there Steven was still working there nice guy and great hotel i would reccomend anyone staying here just a nice hotel. convient to the interstate and fairly priced

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are very sorry for your recent loss. I'm very pleased that our staff at the Clarion Inn was able to exceed your expectations and make sure you were comfortable on your most recent visit to Columbia. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and you taking the time to leave your review of the property with Trip Advisor. Please feel free to contact us at any time for your future visits to Columbia.

Been to Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport? Share your experiences!