“$29.99 billboard” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Palms Inn & Suites

You added Palms Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Palms Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1145 Sniders Highway, Walterboro, SC 29488 (Formerly Econo Lodge Walterboro)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Hickory, North Carolina
“$29.99 billboard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Billboard out front states rooms from $29.99. There were no rooms for this price even though there were only 2-3 cars in the parking lot. Cheapest room was $51.05. The room was clean but old. Drop cords and power strips were needed to connect appliances and lamp. I stayed against my better judgment because I was tired.TV remote did not work. Toilet did not flush. I did not find this out until the next morning. No coffee in the lobby and no cups in my room even though there was a coffee pot. Service station down the street had gas at the pump which was 15 cents more per gallon than their advertised price. I will not stop in Walterboro again.

Room Tip: For $29.99 and a quick 8 hour sleepover this would have been great. For $51.05 I feel cheated.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times when traveling back and forth from Florida to Canada. I have never had a bad experience at this hotel. If there is something wrong, I immediately bring it to someone's attention and it gets fixed. I'll admit the hotel does look a bit run down and the decor could be updated, but the rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and will go out of their way to make you comfortable. I have recommended this hotel to several of my friends and they've all been very happy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Delaware, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The prices are great, the rooms are dated but but very clean, and the beds sleep great, the front desk clerk who checked us in that evening was just full of laughs and very attentive, made us feel right at home, we will make this our overnight stop from here on out, Thanks for the great stay Palms Inn .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lemont, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

YES, I booked it, that's true.. never again. I read there web page. Sounded okay, so I booked via phone to request a king bed, non smoking room. As I didn't see that option on there web page. (That should have been my first clue.) Was given a room with double beds at first. Immediately got that straightened out. Web page said it was newly renovated in 2011. NOT!!! First lie. Couldn't say when if at all, not sure it was ever done. Our room very dated.
Web page also said Continental breakfast, NOT!! Second lie. I Should have asked for an immediate refund and checked out. But thought how bad could it be. Bedding was dirty. I took the pillow case to the front desk and when I requested a clean one the response was what's wrong with the one you have. It's dirty I replied and she held it up and checked. Then reluctantly gave me another. When I asked for 2 extra bath towels she said she would check in the laundry to see if there were any.
There was no bath mat. and only 1 " mini" bar of bath soap. There was a coffee pot but no coffee to put in it. " On top of the above mentioned" there were actual cob webs hanging all over the room. We had checked in around 7 pm after a 12 hour drive from PA. Went to Shoney's for dinner, returned to our room, tried to sleep and got up a 4:30 am and left because we could not stand the room any longer.

Room Tip: The old adage is you get what you pay for!! We learned our lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and professional. The is updated and nicely decorated. The room was very nice and clean. Excellent location. All together makes a great stay.... No complaints. I travel here often so I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed October 2013
charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed October 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm not a picky traveler. I am willing to sacrifice to get a cheap room when I travel alone, but this place was disgusting. I can forgive the dated look and musty smell, but the following issues are NOT acceptable..

- Taped broken electrical cords, no safety standards?
- Unwashed bed linens, wrinkled, multiple stains, numerous hairs
- Large stain on floor(I could have forgiven this if the rest was clean)
- Numerous stains on bathroom towels/washcloths(which were just thrown up onto the rack with no attempt to place neatly)
- Numerous hairs on bathroom floor
- Sink/counter in bathroom not wiped down- water spots, sticky stuff
- Floor not vacuumed, filthy everywhere

So.. in an attempt to tolerate the place for the night, I called the front desk where the very nice, however sloppy, front desk attendent had told me "Honey, I'll get you a great room". I requested a bed linen change and stated that they must have mistakenly not been changed. She appeared in my doorway smoking a cigarette and physically HANDED ME the linens to change myself.

To my shock, the replacement linens were worse. Very wrinkled, with HUGE orange-red stains on them. DISGUSTING!

I asked for my money back, but was not given any. I emailed the owner of the motel asking for a refund after I returned home. I told them I'd withhold my review with pictures from the internet if he/she would refund the money I had paid. Not even a response.

Worst place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Palms Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!