“Very pleased with this hotel. It's definitely a come back to!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Punta Gorda
“Very pleased with this hotel. It's definitely a come back to!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Very pleased.with the layout, cleanliness and comfort of the room. The full breakfast offered could not be beat!

Room Tip: Booked the room online.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Havertown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here overnight en route to Florida. Clean, friendly staff, imaginatively folded towels (OK... small detail, but cute!), A GREAT breakfast, one of the best waffles I ever had. Plus many more items, both hot and cold. Don't hesitate to book this one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Very nice Best Western....rooms were good size and clean...make sure you get a coupon for the best rates....morning breakfast is open till 9 am so get up early....very nice staff.

Room Tip: just ask for best room when you check in
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lady Lake Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed for one night as it is pet friendly. Really not a bad place but the rooms are small and smell musty. Heat index was 100 degrees but the AC worked great. Front desk check in clerk was friendly and helpful. The big issue was that the door lock broke and I could not use my room access card to regain entry. My wife or I had to stay in the room while the other exercised or we could not get back in. The clerk offered to switch the room but after an all day drive, the heat, and the fact I had all my stuff inside we did not want to move. There is a Ruby Tuesday close by and the burgers were great. Next time I will drive a little further to Orangeburg and stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hudson Valley NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stopped here for the night on our way back to NY from Florida. We didn't love it or hate it, it was OK for a one night stop.

I think we were spoiled with Holiday Inn breakfasts and were disappointed in the small selection and lack of seating. I had to eat my breakfast in the car because there was no place to sit and my family was asleep. When I went back later with my daughter there was still no place to sit.

We used the pool, which was nice but had very short hours. I think it was open from 11 am, or noon until dusk. Doesn't give travelers much chance to swim.

We would stay here again, but wouldn't go out of our way.

There were a couple of places to eat right across the parking lot which was convenient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Stone Ridge, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The exterior of the Best Western is typical of other Best Westerns, but the room we had was a pleasant surprise. Very clean and updated decor. Roomy table and side chairs. Microwave and refrigerator too. Perfect for my family. The best part was the bathroom. It was clean, well-appointed, and had a modern look that gave me the impression of a spa.

The bed was slightly lumpy and saggy towards the middle, but I was so exhausted that I slept fine. The bed was more of an issue for my husband.

The breakfast was good and had a wide selection, though the only choice for fruit were Red Delicious apples. I was hoping for bananas, which are easy for young children to eat without making a mess.

There was a TV in the breakfast area, which everyone was watching the Royal Wedding on. That left the lobby computer free for my husband to check his e-mail. Very convenient. He also took advantage of the fitness center.

We saw several people with dogs. I have to admit that I was concerned that we would hear barking and smell doggie smells in our room, but you would have never known that there were pets on-property.

This particular Best Western is the best I've ever stayed at. It is right off the interstate, has a McDonald's (open 24 hours) right next door, and the service was efficient. That on top of a very clean room at a very reasonable rate makes it our first choice to stay at when we're traveling up and down I-95 again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

No complaints about this stay! A clean, comfortable, spacious room at a decent price. One sit-down restaurant and one fast-food restaurant are a walk across the parking lot; other restaurants are a short drive away, including a Cracker Barrel. Easy off-and-on I-95. Would consider stopping here again if I'm in the area. Walterboro even looks like it would be an interesting place to check out if I had a little extra time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN of Walterboro? Share your experiences!