“Dont leave a light on for me here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Walterboro

You added Red Roof Inn Walterboro to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Walterboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1288 Sniders Highway, I-95 at Exit #53, Walterboro, SC 29488 (Formerly Motel 6 Walterboro)   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
“Dont leave a light on for me here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

The room had a stronger odor, thought a/c may help, it didnt. The bathroom smelled a little like a public bathroom. The bath tub had a dark ring around it and had a used bar of soap in it!!! The bed, what can I say, the sheets didnt feel clean and I turn them down all the way and it had what looked like a old blood stain on it. VERY VERY disappointed with the room. I left within 20 minutes of going in the room. I will never stay there again and may not stay at a Motel 6 again because of this horrible room

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Needs new carpet, mattresses, pillows, paint, towels. I would not use the pillows here and the carpet was bad. I tend to go to Motel 6 because I have dogs, but this was one of the worst. On the other hand, staff was nice and it felt safe.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Hampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

The location is just by I-95 but the motel sits in such a way you don't hear the traffic and it is nestled between 2 other motels sitting back off the road that you have privacy and yet feel very safe. There are several restaurants you can safely walk too from the motel. This is the best bang for the buck I have found and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Bland, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Pictures to follow.
Do no go to a Motel 6!!
Run the other way!!!
If they let what happened to us in thei name, don't trust the name.

It was not clean; to be exact, it was nasty.
This was our first and last experience at a Motel 6.
Now I know why they leave the light on outside the room.
The lot had one light on it, and it went out before we got to our room.
Leaving the light on had nothing to do with hospitality; it was for survival.

We learned the hard way,
if you show up at a motel before 10 p.m.
and you are locked out of the lobby,
go to a well-lit motel that you are not locked out of the lobby.

If you have to sleep with a gun by your bed, leave.

I had to sleep in my travel clothes;
no sense in wearing clean clothes in a dirty bed.

We found black wirey hair and an old soap flake in the bath tub.

The toilet had not been cleaned in so long, it had a ring in it.

The carpet had not been vaccuumed; grass was matted into the corners.

When I realized my husband was not sleeping either, we checked on the car to make sure the windows were not busted out.

We lost an entire 24 hours, at least, because we didn't sleep, and had to finish our trip with no sleep.

For your sake, take my advice; avoid the grief of bad choices.
If your gut feels funny, run to a better place.
If you are locked out of the lobby, they obviously don't feel safe, so why should you?

Some say we could have asked for a refund.
We just wanted to survive, make no waves, and try to rest.
We should have cut our losses and left; and not make the same mistake twice.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was driving from Miami to Atlanta and decided this was a good stopover point for the nite...
There were only a few cars there during my stay from about 5 p.m.til leaving next a.m about 10 a.m...
Room was tidy..bathroom was also fairly clean..water pressure was fine and temp hot...
Beds and pillows were comfortable and seemed clean..
Despite being just off interstate..room was quiet...Ice machine worked well...
TV and remote worked well...picture was fine..
I was in room on second floor very close to lobby..Internet access was complimentary as mentioned..but signal was very week..I had to keep moving my netbook around to catch stronger signal..but I was able to successfully use to book my hotel in Atlanta for later that day..
McDonalds is just steps away and KFC across street....along with gas stations other restaurants and services...
There was no one in in lobby to check me out...since I was already paid up I just left key there...no coffee in the lobby coffee pot...and with only a few other guests there for the nite..I wonder if there ever was any..
Not many reasonably priced alternatives much better than this along I-95 in southern portion of SC that I saw...so if you have had enough of driving..it is okay for an overnite stay...
Overall..on my own personal scale of rating hotels from "0 to 6" pillows..I would give this Motel 6... "1 1/2 pillows" rating..
Also...I needed a haircut when I arrived in town so I drove to the downtown Walterboro area..very nice little main street...I got a good haircut from a nice lady in the downtown barber shop..who told me about life in rural S.C...there are also antique shops there if that is your interest..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

ROOm was clean but carpet so stained, it was disgusting. The owner claimed that he had "chosen" this room especially for us. Then offered us another room. It was worse. Internet is advertised but it is only available in a few rooms. It states that rooms are renovated but only some rooms have been renovated. The drain in bathtub cut my finger. A fuse blew somewhere in the building and there were no lights anywhere. (or air conditioning and it was over 90 degrees fahrenheit). The ice machine was not working so we had to pay for ice at Stuckeys. We cancelled our reservation for a Motel 6 for the next night in Florida, as Walterboro left a very nasty taste in our mouths and minds. We hope that a building inspector will give this hotel a fire and safety inspection. Bet they find loads of violations!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Motel6Walterboro, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
All rooms have electrical power and, just like any building, have the potential to trip a circuit that was fixed within 5 minutes. I am not the owner but, the General Manager who spoke with the member who posted this review. I knew nothing of a cut on a drain that is questionably being touched. The ice machine closeby to the room has always worked and we should wonder why the member chose to get ice elsewhere. By the way, there is WiFi available for free, if you are willing to ask for the network name.
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

On my way to Charleston, I stopped by Walterboro for a night and stayed at the Motel 6. I am a frequent business traveler and have seen my share of hotels and motels. To be honest, I was not expecting the most appealing or clean room, but surprisingly, it was not bad. The room needs a fresh batch of paint, and the carpet does need a good shampoo, but the room was clean overall. I did have a couple things that I needed (the remote control needed to be set, and I needed a towel and additional soap). I called the front desk and just happened to speak with the manager. He said he would come up and give me the stuff in a bit. I was a little irritated that it took 15-20 minutes but he apologized for the delay and let me know to call him if I needed anything else, which I appreciate that he at least acknowledged the delay. Overall, I am sure there are better places to stay but for a higher price, I have seen and experienced much, much worse.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Walterboro? Share your experiences!