“Overnight stop close to I-95” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
Miami, Florida
“Overnight stop close to I-95”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to the north east. We didn't have a reservation but we were able to get a room. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very nice. I would stay here again. It is a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a nice hotel and was a welcome stop on our overnight trip up I-95 from Florida to DC. The beds were nice, hotel room nice and fresh and large. Two queens and pullout couch in our one room "suite."

Previous years we stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn, but this is an older property (which was turned into a Hampton Inn) and the rooms were very small and minimally appointed. For the money, stay at the Holiday Inn Express in this town. This is a relatively new property.

There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant nearby. We were there on a Sunday, when all was closed except Cracker Barrel and I think a Waffle House. There is not much in this town to my knowledge except these hotels, but we just used it as an overnight stop, which was fine.

At the Holiday Inn Express we had a nice hot breakfast too, with eggs, pancakes, juice, bagels, bacon, etc. served until 9:30am. No pool in this hotel however, but if you want to swim, you can use the outdoor hotel across street at Hampton Inn. The same owner owns both hotels.

Room Tip: Their suite rooms are just one room with pullout couch, but are comfortable and large.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

One night stay over on business travel, not much to walk to for food, must drive to most spots. Nice furnishings, will put in GPS to stay here again, very quite, was raining so not able to use outside pool

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Delmar, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on our way further south. Easy access right off the highway.

Lobby is clean albeit tiny. We came very early but were allowed to check in 3 hours before normal check in.

Rooms are on. Found a stray hair or two on the bed sheets. I am not crazy about cleanliness so I could get over it but I understand why some would not.

Breakfast is typical HIX - had a very nice hostess making sure everything is stocked

The hotel can not do anything about this but the town around it is terrible. Nothing to do and very limited restaurant selection. Be prepared to eat at the dreaded Cracker Barrell.

This is not the nicest HIX I have stayed at and would probably fall into the bottom half but I have stayed at worse hotels on road trips.

• Stayed July 2012
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great hotel with excellent service! I was on a long drive and arrived after midnight, but the parking lot and lobby were well-lit and the front desk staff member was alert and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable with lots of nice creature comforts. My check-out was simple with the express check out, so I could quickly get back on the road. I enjoyed the hot breakfast and coffee to go. Easy access to highway and helped get me going easily. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Midlothian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice - once on my way DOWN to FL and then a return trip. My trip DOWN had a few bumps. In and of themselves they were minimal complaints, but as a whole made for a bad experience. HOWEVER, I agreed to give this location another shot after having my concerns addressed by VERY friendly hotel management. My return trip was MUCH better. I have NO complaints and the staff went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.
This hotel is VERY clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. I will be happy to stay here again. And my kids LOVED the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Well, Walterboro doesn't have much hotel since it is a small town. So, since my purpose was to visit a farming area in Islandton, South Carolina, this Holiday Inn Express hotel is the only name that's recognizable around.

Anyways, it's a good standard hotel with free breakfast. Nice receptionist and will definitely be back again if I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Walterboro? Share your experiences!