“If only the atmosphere was as good as the food...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fat Jack's Grillin' & Chillin'

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fat Jack's Grillin' & Chillin'
308 Ivanhoe Dr, Walterboro, SC 29488-3717
843-549-5096
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: American
“If only the atmosphere was as good as the food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We are not from the area so we took a shot in the dark, reading some pretty good reviews. When we got there we almost turned around. The atmosphere was lacking but the food was surprising pretty good. Could stand a little better selection on the menu but the beer was cold so all was forgiven!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brandon, MS
“Bad choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in while passing through and I was immediately disappointed. We were seated than waited for teens to stop texting and get our drink order. The waitress was fine. We ordered the lunch special, both got baked chicken and that was average at best. My side was "whipped potatoes" which was actually very bland instant mashed potatoes. My other side was "garden peas" which was actually canned English peas. My husband had Lima beans and green beans which were okay. Rolls for the bread were store bought and still cold straight from the bag.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, New York
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Service could be better but overall not too bad. Over priced for what you get. Wings were good but way over priced. Servers need better menu knowledge.

Visited January 2013
Walterboro, South Carolina
“Fat Jacks Scallops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Fat Jacks Grillin and Chillin is my favorite local restaurant. Great folks and always family friendly. Jack's has the very best scallops I've erer had. They are consistently great. I have enjoyed scallops from New York to Florida and from South Carolina to California. Jack's product, recipie and cooks combine to make the best scallops I've ever had. All the dishes are wonderful along with the folks. Take my advice, try the scallops the next time your passing through.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great service, very friendly, cheap and yummy wings! The atmosphere is very casual with comfortable booths and people. Great place if you just want to relax and have a cheeseburger if you've been driving awhile.

Visited May 2012