“Expensive, but worth it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: American
Walterboro, South Carolina
“Expensive, but worth it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This meal was fantastic!!! We ordered the filet mignon (menu price:22.95), medium rare and it was cooked perfect! The side portions were huge, and the zucchini was EXCELLENT. Drinks were mixed well. A lot of people say it's expensive, but I felt it was priced right for two adults eating filet mignon and 3 mixed drinks, with a generous tip! Definitely a delightful local find.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clearwater, Florida
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped into this place while antiquing in Walterboro. Granted, this town is not known for its cuisine, but I certainly expected a reasonable meal. Hubby and I ordered draft beers. They were served promptly and ice cold. It was downhill thereafter. I ordered the blackened shrimp salad. The salad was presented, after a prolonged wait in an empty restaurant, without being blackened. The waitress argued with me that the menu did no specify blackened only to return to admit that she was wrong. Not good...a waitress should know the menu! Upon service of my food, she spilled the dressing all over my lap with no apology whatsoever. The manager promptly came over with a disgustingly filthy cloth with which she expected me to clean my dress. My husband ordered the seafood nachos which were totally flavorless. No accommodation was offered to me for the massive spill in my lap. All in all, a horrible experience. I couldn't possibly recommend this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

One of the top two places to eat in Walterboro. The dishes have a professional chef flair to them. I've yet to have anything I didn't like from here. I think they have some of the best fried shrimp I've ever had. You can get them in the shrimp and grits dishes as well. They serve two styles of shrimp and grits and both are fantastic, though they can be a little heavy on the cheese/cream sometimes. The seafood platter is huge, and comes with a lot of food. Also try the Irish nachos or the wings.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Fort Myers
“Worth The Trip to Downtown Walterboro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Yes The Main Street Bar and Grille is located three miles from I- 95 exit in Walterboro South Carolina. Yes it's on Main Street in the quaint and picturesque old town. They have a interesting menu. I had the fried shrimp, delicious and mouth watering with a crunchy coating. My wife had the shrimp and grits......WOW...she and I have never had grits this good. Creamy, buttery with a hint of cheese....delish!!
And at a reasonably price. The service was prompt and friendly. We'll be back.

Visited May 2013
“Average place with average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant was picked from a very short list of restaurants from Walterboro. It is located in a very pretty part of Walterboro. The inside lacks a little cleaning and could benefit with some upgrades. I was dissapointed that there were so few people working this place, I honestly think the waiter cooked our food after we ordered it, and at the same time was working as a bartender. (He was working hard though), and the food was delivered in a reasonable amount of time.
The food: I ate with a party of guests and I ordered the ribeye, I asked for medium rare, but it came totally rare. I didn't complain, it was seasoned ok but to be honest I can cook a better steak on my personal grill, My colleagues ordered what was supposed to be fresh flounder but came out looking more like frozen whiting with no taste.
The atmosphere: We came there with the intention of having a good meal and enjoying some conversation, but there were only a few locals around the bar and not many others in the place.

I most likely would not go back to this restaurant,

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere