“Not many stops along this road.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 52 restaurants in Walterboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Exit 53 off hwy I-95 SC
Description: Exit 53 off hwy I-95 SC
“Not many stops along this road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Good for the price. Local owners. Great for an I 95 place. The "grandparents " tells a Lot. We shared the fajitas for one and it was ample for elders. Waitress looked poor, so leave a good tip. She tries hard.

Visited September 2013

84% Recommend
Venice, Florida
“Yup! Perfect for a meal in Walterboro!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hubby and I stopped tonight at Los Abuelitos Mexican Restaurant based entirely on Trip Advisor reviews. THANKS everyone!!!
You were right and Los Abuelitos deserved their high ratings! It was a Tuesday night, and there were only 5 other tables occupied, and we had immediate and great service! Thanks, Elena! We had the 27 oz Texas Margaritas...which were awesome! Not too much ice, and we totally "felt" them...something not often done with margaritas. I think they were $8? I had the shrimp/scallop fajita - YUM! I opted OUT of the refried beans, and instead substituted guacamole. All was delicious. Hubby went for the beef taco salad and two tacos on the side. He loved everything.
We won't hesitating visiting Los Abuelitos again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“A great Mexican meal once again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped in Walterboro on our way to Florida, as usual, and revisited Los Abuelitos...
excellent Mexican food and the best Margaritas that taste like a Margarita should!!
Wish we lived closer...

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Great Falls, Virginia
“Exceptional Enchiladas and Burrito”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This restaurant is a small-town gem. It truly delivered on its claim of Authentic Mexican Cuisine. The sauce for the enchilada special and burrito is outstanding. The enchilada special features five different ones, with each one standing out as wonderful. The beer selection also is impressive. Pricing is sensible, and the ambience is laid-back and casual.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“You'll be served if waitresses aren't talking or snacking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Wish I could comment on the food, but couldn't get service. I was welcomed by a very nice Mexican lady and I sat while I watched two ladies talk and one of them snack on something. They saw me but continued to talk. Only when a group of four came in did they even come to the table - after they took menus to the group. No greeting, nothing after ignoring me for about five minutes. Also, my table as well as others were dirty and had not been wiped down. Very disappointing! If the owner/manager had been there maybe it would be different. 9/1/13 6:40pm

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere