“Immaculate!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early. Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Walterboro
“Immaculate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

Immaculate, super friendly and welcoming staff. Great location ez on and ez off of route 95 great value super breakfast kids had a great time making their own waffles, staff and cleanliness was above all expectations will stay here again and again we have our new favorite hotel to stay at on our way to Florida. Everything you need is right there right next door to a Cracker Barrel across the street is a gas station you couldn't ask for anything better love this place

• Stayed April 2012
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us . I will let our staff know that you noticed their efforts. Everyone works hard to make sure no detailis overbooked.
Please come back and visit us again sometime, we would like to see you again!
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hammonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

While traveling to Florida we stopped at the Hampton Inn in Walterboro,SC. We always stay at Hampton Inns. You always know you will get a clean room. This one was clean like usual but smelled musty. It was a none smoking room with a bad smell. The mattress was lumpy & all the furnishings had seen better days. The Hotel was older then the other Hampton Inns. The metal door to our room had a dozen dent marks by the lock area. It appeared to have been hit by a hammer. The staff was friendly & the breakfast the next morning was good. Just could not get pass the smell & the run down appearence.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also thank you for noticing the cleanliness, Breakfast and frienliest staff .
I would like to apologize for not meeting all your expectations. Our hotel is committed to customer satisfaction. Therefore, I have shared your comments with the appropriate members at our company to ensure the problems you experienced are addressed. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I booked a room at this Hamtpon Inn on our drive to Florida. After many hours of driving we were looking forward to putting our feet up and getting a good night's rest as is always the case when we stay with them. Although Hampton Inns are pretty much the same quality across the board, this one left much to be desired. A much older hotel, terrible musty smell and one of the noisiest and odor filled air conditioning units i've come across during my travels. I love Hampton Inns and have always used them as my hotel of choice but this hotel was really a huge disappointment. We never bothered to contact the front desk because not only were we too exhausted to move, we figured by the looks of this older building that all rooms were going to be in the same condition. It really pains me to say this because the front desk staff was friendly and the breakfast was good too but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thankyou for your review on Tripadvisor. Also , Tthank you for noticing our customerservice style and good breakfast. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay, and I would like to express my apologies and concern for the problems you experienced while a guest of our hotel.
Mr. Chagara, we are committed to customer satisfaction . Therefore, I have shared the information you gave with the appropriate staff members at our hotel to insure the problems you experienced are addressed and corrected. In the meantime as a means of demonstrating the value for your patronage, to uphold our company wide commitment to guest satisfaction, we did not charge you for your nght's stay.
I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so we'll have an opportuity to make this up to you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is an older property with dated furnishings. My room came with a bad smell (urine like). The fire alarm went off for no reason and had everyone in the parking lot or on the balcony. The lobby was very warm, the AC was on the fritz there. The staff was very friendly & nice.

Room Tip: Street side room must endure the loud noisy traffic (very loud). Choose the back-side!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Rick-Gee3,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Tripadvisor. we are glad that you like our customer service style. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I have shared the information you gave to guest assistance department with the appropriate staff members at our hotel to ensure the problems you experienced are addressed and corrected.
Thank you again for your voicing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to improve our hotel.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn, no refigerators and microwaves but the hospitality brings you back again, again and again. Breakfast is great and of course Jim brings a laugh to everyone and he removed all the calories from the food. GREAT JOB! When I arrive and he is not there it is a let down. This is one of my favorites stops when we are heading south or north. Clean, nice TV and and comfortable beds. The hostess who makes sure breakfast bar is always stocked deserves a great big applause. We do not forget her hospitality and expertise. We will be back!

Room Tip: Nice heaters and AC - unit does not rattle as some we have encountered in other hotels.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This Hampton is an older hotel, two floors with exterior entrances to the guest rooms. An elevator to the second floor is located off the lobby. Even though it is an older property the guest rooms appear to have been fairly recently renovated. Our room was clean with a comfortable bed and soft pillows and a 32 inch LG LCD television with high definition cable service. The renovation had a few rough spots in the bathroom but was still very acceptable. Road noise from the highway in front of the hotel can be a little distracting for some. If that is the case, I would ask for a room on the back side facing the wooded area. A Cracker Barrel restaurant is within walking distance. There are other restaurants, including a Ruby Tuesday and a Longhorn Steak House, a short drive away on the other side of I-95. The breakfast area is very small and we experienced a short wait for a table but that was because the Hotel had a full house for the night. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Even though it is an older property and a little rough around the edges in terms of exterior maintenance, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: The noise from the highway in front of the hotel can be distracting so if we stay there again we wil...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Solomon Z, General Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Dear NC Traveler 108,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hampton Inn Walterboro. I am very
grateful to get feedback from our guests and I appreciate your praise for our hotel and staff. I am honored to have the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations. Your notes will be shared with our teammembers at our next staff meeting, and I am confident they will appreciates the good words. Your comments also were shared with appropriate members of our company.
Thank you again for choosing our Hampton Inn. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again on your future trip.
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

This hotel was an earlier "era" property. Exterior door access is not usual for the modern style hotels. Rooms were very clean and stocked with the usual HI components.Staff's excellent assistance for checking in and cheerful greetings is to be commended. Breakfast and staff were "Outstanding" and very interactive with the guests. The cons were the rooms lacked microwave and fridges found in newer HI. Only ice machine, I found was in back of building. I would defiantly stay here again. This is a gem in the rough. This Hampton Inn shows true Southern hospitality.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear 1Traveler179:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I appreciate your comments about the cleanliness, breakfast and friendliest staff. We are proud of our hotel, love to hear great feedback such as this!!
We value each and everyone of our guests and try to make their stay as pleasuable as possible.
Thank you very much for your excellent review. It is our goal to creat"Home Away From Home"and our staff will be delighted to see your comment.
Thank you for your business and think of us when you are back in the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Walterboro? Share your experiences!