“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Walterboro
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Enjoyed my stay while on a short get away trip. Hotel was clean and nice pool and close to the interstate with plenty of food options very close. Nice breakfast in the morning and took side trip to Edisto Island which is about one hour away and a nice drive thru rural South Carolina. Got good value for the money and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us and positive experience with others. We are happy you found our hotel clean and enjoyed our breakfast. We work hard to make this happen and cannot thank you enough for noticing. We also glad you enjoyed your trip to Edisto Island and nice drive thru rural South crolina.
Thanks again for your business and posting. We whish you the best in your travels and hope you will visit again soon.

Best Regads,

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ormond Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The wife & I stayed here on the way back to sunny FL & it was a nice.
Even though this is what I call an "old maid motel" which is an old facility made over on the outside to look like a new one.
We found their ad in one of those highway magazines we picked up at lunch somewhere & for $89 plus taxes it ain't bad.
The check in was friendly & the free hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a nice stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back again on your next trip to South Carolina.

Best Regards,
Williston, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have generally had good luck with Hampton Inns, paying more than the average hotels and expecting much more than what I had in return... Yes, the staff was friendly, the room appeared clean but the mildew odor hits you upon entering your room. I thought if we cranked the A.C. it would help...think again. I had difficulty breathing within a few hours and could not get over the dank, musty smell. I did tell the front desk and the reply I was given was " We will let housekeeping know" and that was it. I could have paid half the price at a neighboring hotel, without a great reputation and probably would have been able to breathe and get a somewhat good nights sleep. I am very disappointed and am sure this has to be a common complaint with this location. The last thing you want to deal with after a long day of travel is this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
May 29, 2011

Dear Mumtie:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Also, thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our rooms, and our friendly staff .
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your experience here. I would like to utilize this opportunity to express my apologies and concern for the prblems you experienced with your stay.
Mr.Mumtie our hotel is committed to customer satisfaction. Therefore, I have shared your comments with the appropriate members at our company to insure the problems you experienced are addressed.
We were happy to extend the 100% satisfaction and refund your night's stay.
I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit so we'll have an opportunity to make this up to you.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Central FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was all set to ding this one big time when we drove up and found it was an older property with outside rooms, something I don't expect with a Hampton. For some reason, when I was booking hotels for this trip I neglected to read the reviews for this one. At least there was an elevator (added later). Rooms were smallish, had no refrigerators (which we have come to expect in Hamptons) but were clean. Electrical outlets were sparse and inconveniently located.

Surprisingly, the breakfast area was large and attractive, the selection of food was on par with other Hamptons and was well maintained. (No cookies the night before, though.) A gentleman, presumably the owner, was in the breakfast area greeting everyone and asking if everything was okay. Frankly, he was a bit "hail fellow well met" for me first thing in the morning, but at least he was trying. And the room was $10-$20 less than most other Hamptons in similar areas. It could have been worse. But maybe the Holiday Inn Express across the street was better - at least it had inside corridors.

I'm not sure what the answer is to budget rooms on I-95 in SC because we've never had a very good one. On this trip, we had dirty carpets in a Hampton in Manning, SC. On a previous trip we had dirty, used sheets when we checked into a Fairfield in Florence. (Hampton in Santee was a little better when we passed through in Feb.) Maybe you need to stop in Savannah or just keep going to NC. But if you need a meal in Walterboro and don't want fast food hamburgers, chicken or pizza, try The Glass House at the same exit as the Hampton, on the east side of I-95. Service could have been faster (a lot of people came in shortly after we got there, though) but the food was pretty good, a pleasant surprise on a SC interstate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We take guests' feedback/comments very seriously, and I'm terribly sorry for the disatisfaction you experienced during your recent visit. Your comments and concerns have been fully addressed and I would welcome the opportunity of speaking with you directly at your convenience. I can be reached at 843-538-2300.
Regads,
Solomon zadeh
Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

After leaving the Orlando area late the hotel was called at 4:00pm to give a credit card to guarantee late arrival. Upon reaching the hotel at 10:30 pm we were informed that we did not have a reservation, and there was no credit card number "in the system". There was no comment except "I'm sorry we are fully booked". There was no offer to look for another room at another hotel.

I was truly disappointed in the uncaring attitude displayed at this Hampton Inn. The next step is to make sure my card is not charged for the room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to opologize on the behalf of the entire front desk staff here regarding your unfortunate situation.
Our goal is to provide the best accomodation and service in the lodging industry today, and I regret that this did not occur during your visit to this area.
I am very glad you shared you concerns with others which gives us the opportuninty to address this issue , and prevent a recurrence and a future guest's disappointment.
Thank you again for your review.
Wytheville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Walterboro on our way to Disney and was a great stay. We arived late the night comming in to town and left our early to get back on the road. Though I don't remember the gentelman who worked for the motel but he was very nice a hospitable to our family

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Solomon Z, Manager at Hampton Inn Walterboro, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your positive experience with others. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be nice and helpful. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards,
Reamstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This facility appears to have been renovated recently and very convenient to stop off from I-95. We will definitly keep this one on our radar. All staff very pleasant, and good wifi.

Higly recommend

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wonderful !!! I can't tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. The entire staff truly appreciates your feedback. We are so pleased that you found your room to be clean, the internet reliable and the breakfast good! we work tirelaessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property.with every thing in good working order and appreciate that you noticed.
Thankyou again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regard,

Been to Hampton Inn Walterboro? Share your experiences!