“Good home cookin' in a homey downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Walhalla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Description: We are a locally-owned cafeteria style restaurant serving delicious "Arabian Rooster" fried chicken, tasty vegetables, yummy desserts and more... Established in 1941, Abed has owned the landmark restaurant since 1973 (with his wife, Gloria, who passed away in 2009). Located in the heart of historic Walhalla, SC, we are family-friendly... There are three dining areas which seat 50+ each... Our hours are Sunday 1045-3... Monday closed... Tuesday/Wednesday 11 - 230... Thursday/Friday/Saturday 11-8... for more info...
McKinney, Texas
“Good home cookin' in a homey downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I found this place on a tip about good fried chicken and it happened to be a few miles from a client of mine so I thought I'd give it a try. The fried chicken was, indeed, excellent, though they only serve white meat and I'm a dark meat guy. Still it was quite tast. The chicken-fried-chicken was also very good, as were the sides. The carrots were a bit too sweet for my taste. This place is a small cafeteria so you can select what you get from their daily offerings. The rolls were merely the store-bought variety. My meal, including tea and taxes, came to $8 and change. That's not bad in my book

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Conway, South Carolina
“Decent Food, Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have to give these folks some credit. Their fried chicken, which was skinned first, was pretty good. The accompanying sides were typical cafeteria-type fare. If you order the "special" your food will run you about $6.00. I also ordered a tea and a small piece of pie, as did my wife, and our meals averaged about $10.00 apiece. Food should be a little better than this at a cafeteria for $10.00 per meal. There really isnt any atmosphere at this restaurant, but the people are quite friendly. I thought I might try this place again sometime, but my wife really doesnt care to. If you go, sit where you can look out the window.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SC
“worth the drive, chicken,macaroni, salad, crushed ice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

One of our family favorites for over 30 years, attractive decor, cafeteria style serving. really, really good food . Same original owner is almost always there. They have a great local business to the community. But if you are in Oconee or Pickens area definitely plan to eat there check Website for hours. Closed Mondays lunch only Sunday, Tuesday.then wed -Sat both lunch and dinner.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Union, South Carolina
“Cafeteria style "Good ol' Boy" food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Great place if you are looking for local food in typical small town SC atmosphere. This is NOT a steak house in the normal sense of the term. The candied sweet potatoes were delish!