“Quality Inn Union - the employees make the difference!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Union
“Quality Inn Union - the employees make the difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Quality Inn a couple of times in the past few years and have never posted a review, so I decided to do one now.
During my most recent stay, I realized that the hotel itself is good but the folks who work there are exceptional. Every employee I had contact with was more than helpful in assisting me in my needs. They were pleasant and courteous and always geninuinely happy to help. I was especially impressed with Brandi, who was at the front desk. She was able to assist me in a couple of things and made my stay much more enjoyable. Also, Shannon was excellent in making sure all the reservation stuff was in order and awaiting my arrival. The folks that cleaned the rooms and the breakfast helpers were equally good and made this stay excellent.
Of course, the rooms are clean and in good repair. The lack of an elevator may deter some folks but I didn't mind the stairs. I have spoken to several other folks in my party and they also seemed happy with the accomodations. I guess I should summarize by saying if you stay at the Quality Inn Union, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Well, the options in Union are few and far between. We saw a Motel 6, a Days Inn, and some other small motels that did not at all look appealing. The Quality Inn appeared to be the only hotel/motel that had the door to your room opening to an indoor hallway rather than directly outside like a traditional motel.

This hotel is definitely not on the level of a Courtyard Marriott or even a Hampton Inn, but the rooms were clean and the service was friendly. The towels and washcloths were thin and the rooms felt dated, but it was survivable for a weekend.

There is a Super Wal-Mart, CVS drugstore, and two grocery stores within a mile of the hotel. There is also a pizza hut and plenty of other fast food restaurants as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Griffin, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Although this is an older property, the Inn is in the process of remodeling. The personnel couldn't be nicer and more helpful. I left my favorite pillow and they had it waiting for me when I returned. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep. The room was clean and we had plenty of bath linens. The hair dryer was so good that I plan to go out and buy one just like it. This is the second time that we have stayed here and I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Small town hotel, the best staff I've ever had to deal with! Room was screwed up and they immediately corrected. Room not ready, but finished before we returned. Rooms clean and served the purpose. Breakfast just enough to hold you over.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lorain, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Hotel was very nice and quiet. Rooms were clean, staff very nice, including Beth. Family spent two nights here. Breakfast could have been better, but no big deal,I don't eat breakfast at home :) I will return and stay again. No elevators, so pack light.

Room Tip: West rooms, no noise on 2nd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and no bad smells. Heard some traffic noise, and the fridge rattled at times. Beds were reasonably comfortable, but somewhat lumpy. Room entrances are in an internal hallway, which I have mixed feelings about (better security but less convenient).

Breakfast wasn't great -- OJ was below average and "hot" water for tea was cold. Coffee was cold.

Service was indifferent at best.

• Stayed April 2011
Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We've just spent the night in the quaint little town of Union,Sc. It was a beautiful little town and the hotel just made it better! We didn't have a reservation and we were treated as if we were family by the staff! Especially Peggy the head housekeeper she was so nice and friendly! Peggy in more ways then one made our trip special. It was a first date meeting for me and my girl , we met on the internet and Union happened to be half way between our home towns. So fate brought us to Union. And the front desk clerk a young lady who's name escapes me,I'm sorry. And Peggy were the first ones we met. We got great advice on where to eat and what to do! It made our stay very memorable! And we will be back maybe for our honeymoon! Thanks to Peggy and the staff at the Quality Inn Union for making our meeting one to remember!! Thanks again Peggy!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Union? Share your experiences!