The Plantation Resort was not up to our expectations and will not be recommending or coming again
We actually had 2 rooms as the first was not going to make it at all, the management switch us after the first night. (too bad that room had the better mattress) room was run down with rust on doors broken light pulls a tub that you actually needed a step to get into (no kidding). Broken washing machine and fridge door that opened to the wall so you had to open all the way and then walk around to get into the fridge. The stairs and hallway were pretty nasty and that was both condition and smell.
Anyway next morning after complaining we were switched into a bigger room it was better BUT
it was not very clean, stuff splashed on door handle coming in unit started it all, something white splashed on curtains, cob webs and spider webs on inside corners of living room area, with dead spiders still hanging there. The bathroom off the master bedroom you might want to put a seat belt on when using the toilet as it appeared not to be bolted to floor very well ? and banged against the wall when sitting on it. The tub must have been a converted spa tub as it had jets on the bottom that were both filthy and very annoying to stand on . ( I fixed this problem by putting a couple of layers of towel on bottom of tub when showering) But you are not in the shower long any way as it is a marathon to get a shower in before the water turns ice cold, and if more than one person wants a shower good luck with, wait for a few hours to get some more hot water. Bed was very uncomfortable and the one sheet was thread bare and the bed spread was disgusting. Tv are old but watchable. Free passes to the state parks could be signed out in the morning which was nice. Breakfast buffet was okay for about $7.00 not big but was okay. Screen doors were ripped and very dirty lots of dead bugs and beatles in the door trough. carpets were very dirty and actually found broken glass on living room carpet. dirt was built up along baseboards which is very disgusting. Dust bunnies in top of fridge in plain sight poor cleaning staff I would say.
Met an actual owner of one of the units and they said the older units and not vey nice and the nicer ones were the Presidential ones all part of the same resort, they said the older units were pretty run down when they changed over years ago.
I dont know why the walls have to be so thin that you hear the neighbours taking showers and actually hear then talking in the next rooms. Not really the privacy I hope for in a getaway....
I guess what I expect coming to these places is the feeling of not having to wipe and clean and check for bugs before can relax, at least be as nice as what we left at home or nicer.
Thanks But NO THANKS TO THE PLANTATION OF MYRTLE BEACH (SURFSIDE ACTUALLY)
And be prepared for dial up speed withe the internet there also, it is in a word BRUTAL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation Resort is a Myrtle Beach vacation resort that offers one bedroom, two bedroom and three bedroom villas for guests. Plantation Resort offers vacation rentals as well as vacation ownership. The amenities at this Myrtle Beach resort include a spa, an outdoor grill, a lazy river, an indoor pool, a fitness center, a beach shuttle and much more. Our resort is location in Surfside Beach which is just south of North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hotel Surfside Beach
- Plantation Surfside Beach