There are so many different reviews of this hotel from poor to great and this is my take.
Location-Can't get much better than this place if you are a beach lover. Walk out the back door toward the pool, down about 5 steps and you are on the beach. Doesn't get much better. If you don't like the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach then the Marsh Walk is only about 10 minutes away.
Hotel-You can tell that this hotel has some age to it but the renovations look great. Wonderful lobby and lounge area.
Room-I had a "city view" room with king size bed. I stayed on the third floor and the "city view" included a view of the city and the hotel AC units which were loud and made the balcony not enjoyable. Room was clean with plenty of space with a fridge and a microwave which was nice. Bathroom was small with very little sink space.
Staff-The staff was great. Front desk staff was friendly at all hours and made check in a breeze. **Warning there is a $6 resort fee that you will be charged that is required by the city*** I used hotel points for my stay and was not charged the fee.
Things I would Improve--The pool area. I think this place would thrive if they had a outdoor bar open at night. They do have small area where you can purchase drinks during the day but is shut down at night. When I'm at the beach I want to enjoy the scenery and not be stuck inside. Also it would be nice if the hotel offered some family entertainment or games around the pool deck for the families. There was also a elevator problem while I was there which made getting to and from your room miserable. Many times you would wait on the elevator for a long time to find out that there was no more room. If there is only one elevator in operation just use the stairs, much faster.
Would I stay here again-Yes
Does it need improvement-Yes
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oceanfront At Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Holiday Inn Oceanfront At Surfside Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach is located just minutes south of Myrtle Beach, SC and minutes from the many Myrtle Beach attractions, including Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, and much more. Situated on Surfside Beach, walk out the door of our hotel to the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Our Surfside Beach hotel offers the comforts of home including spacious guestrooms, complimentary wireless internet access, on-site fitness center, business center, and outdoor pool and whirlpool overlooking the ocean. For your dining pleasure, our Shoreline Restaurant, Tiki Bar, Tiki Hut (seasonal) and Scoops Ice Cream Parlor (seasonal) offer a variety of food and beverage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Olotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Surfside Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.