“Just right for our Surfside vacation!” 4 of 5 stars

Surfside Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 South Ocean Boulevard, Surfside Beach, SC 29575   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Surfside Beach
New York, NY
“Just right for our Surfside vacation!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We've been to Surfside before, and booked this hotel on a Travelzoo special simply because the price was so good for an oceanfront property. I'm so glad we did.
We arrived early, and while our room wasn't ready--we enjoyed the pool and the gorgeous coastal weather. The staff seemed very nice, and the maids always went out of their way to greet us and our kids everyday.
The best thing about this hotel is its fabulous location. It's really right in a great part of Surfside, and you can't beat being truly oceanfront! There's also restaurants within walking distance on the street and on the pier!
Our room had a nice little balcony and we enjoyed sitting out there with our cocktails from Scotty's bar while soaking up our great oceanview.
The beds were not really great, but our room was fine for our family of four. And the fridge and microwave came in handy too!
We plan to make Surfside our annual family vacation and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Phil V, General Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We appreciate both your staying with us at the hotel and your comments. Our associates enjoy greeting guests with smiles and providing customer pleasing service. Location, location, location, the hotel's location provides the best of all that Surfside Beach has to offer as well at Myrtle Beach attractions being only minutes away.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable. View from the pier side balcony was amazing, a little small but was big enough for two people to sit on each end. Ruby at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning.

Room Tip: Stayed on 8th floor. Great View on the pier side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Phil V, Front Office Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us. Providing a clean, comfortable, well maintained property is 1st priority for our associates. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

HORRIBLE!!! Ee stayed here just to be close to the pier for the fireworks. When we made reservations we wanted out room to be pier side. Got to the hotel snd checked in and walked to our room. We was on the opposite side than we requested. When I went to grab the room phone to call thd front desk the phone was broke could not call out at all. So I used my personal phone no big deal. The front desk manager wouldnt not attempt to get us the room we requested nor did he offer to get us a new phone for the room. I later went down to complain to him face to face and had to tell him how to do his job. The next day we needed new towels. The maid service was awful. I always keep a room clean when I stay so all the maids have to do is put new sheets on and grab thr piled up towels and out new towels in the room. The maids made me bring them my towels in the hallway. They wouldnt enter our room. Our beds were not changed until after our second night. Granted im ok with staying at a hotel and not getting clean sheets every night but not at the beach where you carry a lot of sand back to your room. Our carpet was full of sand also. We finally complained and got the room cleaned to later find a pile of dog poop in the floor (some maid service). Remind you this hotel is a no pet policy. Wheb I complained to the night auditor he got an attitude with me and basically told me I was wrong and there was no way it was dog poop. Well the security guy he sent to get it agreed with me that it was just that. I did not get what I paid for. With it being holiday I paid average of $250 a night with hotels.com. After I complained to the assistant hotel manager she compensated me for my troubles and gave me a free 3 night stay. I doubt I will use it bc as far as im concerned this hotel isnt work staying in for free either. Btw the pictures on their website compared to the room I was in are a lie. The dressers were broke and didnt run on the tracks right. We had a hole that had been kicked in the wall. The furniture looked like it had came from a second hand store. For the price I paid that shouldnt have been the case. Save your money and get the condos located just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Phil V, General Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It is the comments of valued guests like you that helps us to continue to improve our service and product. In the future, you may want to consider booking directly with a property to assure accurate information concerning requests is given and, in most cases, to receive the best rates.
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice, Clean, Quiet, Big room, Helpful service, Great location near several restaurants and a bar, Not an overly touristy feel to it like that beach a little up to the north, What more could you ask for? Would recommend to friends and family and hope to return someday soon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad we were able to be a part of making your Surfside Beach visit more enjoyable. The staff takes pride in providing a clean, well maintained hotel and friendly, professional service for our guests. We look forward to hosting your next none "touristy" visit to Surfside.
Chesapeakes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my five day stay while I was there , even though it rained most of the time, but it was so relaxing. I enjoyed it so much I invested into a timeshare. Thank you Plantation Resorts. Will I be back again, of course very soon. There are a lot of places to visit nearby. I like the location because its not so congested. Traveling back and forth is not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your Surfside Beach visit. It is certainly much less congested and more laid back than Myrtle Beach while being just minutes away from everything MB has to offer.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room was nice size. Had as someone else said a really weird smell by the door. I would go back....staff was very nice.
The best part was all the bar/restaurants practically in the parking lot. The beds and pillows could be improved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your both staying with us and the review of the hotel. Our location does offer all the best that Surfside has and just steps away from your room. We hope you'll come back soon.
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

It was a large room but it could have used a chair or couch in the room. The room had an odor and the carpet was filthy. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was a good location right on the beach but they don't fall into what I would consider a resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Phil V, General Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We want to thank you for your visit during the holiday weekend and for your comments, which help us to continue to improve our service and property. Sofas are planned to be put in those rooms this off season and carpet cleaning is being finished now. The hotel is located in the "resort" town of Surfside Beach. Positioned in the center of Surfside Beach, our guests have easy access to not only the hotel amenities but also to all that the resort destination town has to offer. The beach, pier, shops, restaurants, entertainment, special events and more, including Scotty's Beach Bar, are just steps away.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
#12 of 217 in Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 2,278 reviews
Hampton Inn Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach Area

Been to Surfside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!