“Late review but just found this app.” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 South Ocean Boulevard, Surfside Beach, SC 29575   |
Special Price
Save 15% Off!!!
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Surfside Beach
“Late review but just found this app.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

HORRIBLE!!! Ee stayed here just to be close to the pier for the fireworks. When we made reservations we wanted out room to be pier side. Got to the hotel snd checked in and walked to our room. We was on the opposite side than we requested. When I went to grab the room phone to call thd front desk the phone was broke could not call out at all. So I used my personal phone no big deal. The front desk manager wouldnt not attempt to get us the room we requested nor did he offer to get us a new phone for the room. I later went down to complain to him face to face and had to tell him how to do his job. The next day we needed new towels. The maid service was awful. I always keep a room clean when I stay so all the maids have to do is put new sheets on and grab thr piled up towels and out new towels in the room. The maids made me bring them my towels in the hallway. They wouldnt enter our room. Our beds were not changed until after our second night. Granted im ok with staying at a hotel and not getting clean sheets every night but not at the beach where you carry a lot of sand back to your room. Our carpet was full of sand also. We finally complained and got the room cleaned to later find a pile of dog poop in the floor (some maid service). Remind you this hotel is a no pet policy. Wheb I complained to the night auditor he got an attitude with me and basically told me I was wrong and there was no way it was dog poop. Well the security guy he sent to get it agreed with me that it was just that. I did not get what I paid for. With it being holiday I paid average of $250 a night with hotels.com. After I complained to the assistant hotel manager she compensated me for my troubles and gave me a free 3 night stay. I doubt I will use it bc as far as im concerned this hotel isnt work staying in for free either. Btw the pictures on their website compared to the room I was in are a lie. The dressers were broke and didnt run on the tracks right. We had a hole that had been kicked in the wall. The furniture looked like it had came from a second hand store. For the price I paid that shouldnt have been the case. Save your money and get the condos located just next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Phil V, General Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. It is the comments of valued guests like you that helps us to continue to improve our service and product. In the future, you may want to consider booking directly with a property to assure accurate information concerning requests is given and, in most cases, to receive the best rates.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice, Clean, Quiet, Big room, Helpful service, Great location near several restaurants and a bar, Not an overly touristy feel to it like that beach a little up to the north, What more could you ask for? Would recommend to friends and family and hope to return someday soon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad we were able to be a part of making your Surfside Beach visit more enjoyable. The staff takes pride in providing a clean, well maintained hotel and friendly, professional service for our guests. We look forward to hosting your next none "touristy" visit to Surfside.
Chesapeakes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my five day stay while I was there , even though it rained most of the time, but it was so relaxing. I enjoyed it so much I invested into a timeshare. Thank you Plantation Resorts. Will I be back again, of course very soon. There are a lot of places to visit nearby. I like the location because its not so congested. Traveling back and forth is not too bad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your Surfside Beach visit. It is certainly much less congested and more laid back than Myrtle Beach while being just minutes away from everything MB has to offer.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room was nice size. Had as someone else said a really weird smell by the door. I would go back....staff was very nice.
The best part was all the bar/restaurants practically in the parking lot. The beds and pillows could be improved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your both staying with us and the review of the hotel. Our location does offer all the best that Surfside has and just steps away from your room. We hope you'll come back soon.
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was a large room but it could have used a chair or couch in the room. The room had an odor and the carpet was filthy. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was a good location right on the beach but they don't fall into what I would consider a resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Phil V, General Manager at Surfside Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We want to thank you for your visit during the holiday weekend and for your comments, which help us to continue to improve our service and property. Sofas are planned to be put in those rooms this off season and carpet cleaning is being finished now. The hotel is located in the "resort" town of Surfside Beach. Positioned in the center of Surfside Beach, our guests have easy access to not only the hotel amenities but also to all that the resort destination town has to offer. The beach, pier, shops, restaurants, entertainment, special events and more, including Scotty's Beach Bar, are just steps away.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room were average but very clean. Staff was very attentive to any issues we had. Elevators were a little slow. I thought the price for the room was fair.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind comments and recent visit with us. The hotel associates make it a point to be attentive, helpful and friendly while providing our guests with service needs. Boiling Springs is not that far, so hurry back.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited over the labor day weekend and really enjoyed the fact that the location was less crowded than Myrtle Beach but not being too far from it. The hotel sat right on the beach so beach access was awesome. The staff was really helpful and the hotel was clean. I could have used softer towels and wished that housekeeping game back by during our 2 night stay to clean our room after they barged in on us while we were still sleeping at 11 am. It was also a plus that surrounding restaurants offered a 10% discount if you show them the hotel key card. Overall I had the relaxing stay I was hoping for.

Room Tip: It's not necessary to pay the extra to get an ocean-view. Our room was on the side of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Our staff and management appreciate your staying with us at Surfside Beach Resort Hotel. The town does provide a friendly, quiet, less crowded family atmosphere for our guests. As well, located in the center of town, our guests get walking access to nearly everything Surfside has to offer. We look forward to your returning for another relaxing visit.

Been to Surfside Beach Resort? Share your experiences!