HORRIBLE!!! Ee stayed here just to be close to the pier for the fireworks. When we made reservations we wanted out room to be pier side. Got to the hotel snd checked in and walked to our room. We was on the opposite side than we requested. When I went to grab the room phone to call thd front desk the phone was broke could not call out at all. So I used my personal phone no big deal. The front desk manager wouldnt not attempt to get us the room we requested nor did he offer to get us a new phone for the room. I later went down to complain to him face to face and had to tell him how to do his job. The next day we needed new towels. The maid service was awful. I always keep a room clean when I stay so all the maids have to do is put new sheets on and grab thr piled up towels and out new towels in the room. The maids made me bring them my towels in the hallway. They wouldnt enter our room. Our beds were not changed until after our second night. Granted im ok with staying at a hotel and not getting clean sheets every night but not at the beach where you carry a lot of sand back to your room. Our carpet was full of sand also. We finally complained and got the room cleaned to later find a pile of dog poop in the floor (some maid service). Remind you this hotel is a no pet policy. Wheb I complained to the night auditor he got an attitude with me and basically told me I was wrong and there was no way it was dog poop. Well the security guy he sent to get it agreed with me that it was just that. I did not get what I paid for. With it being holiday I paid average of $250 a night with hotels.com. After I complained to the assistant hotel manager she compensated me for my troubles and gave me a free 3 night stay. I doubt I will use it bc as far as im concerned this hotel isnt work staying in for free either. Btw the pictures on their website compared to the room I was in are a lie. The dressers were broke and didnt run on the tracks right. We had a hole that had been kicked in the wall. The furniture looked like it had came from a second hand store. For the price I paid that shouldnt have been the case. Save your money and get the condos located just next to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn