I usually don’t write reviews because I realize how detrimental they can be for a business. In a recovering economy all business’ deserve a chance to thrive and I don’t wish to play a part in any company’s demise. Nonetheless, it’s equally important for business to do their best with the products, accommodations, or services they provide. So, this time, I could not resist helping the next person to prevent making a decision which could possibly destroy their vacation. I love to travel, I love to use Trip advisor, and I trust the opinions of other travelers. This is a place where I’ve grown to expect honest reviews and I’ve never been misled until now. After this experience, I will forever be skeptical about reviews. I'm writing this review because I need people to understand what they are getting themselves into before they go. With that said, 4 stars to me means a more luxurious experience- even at the beach. For the first time, I cannot help wondering what other reviewers are comparing this hotel to, when they give a 4 star rating. This hotel is not 4 stars, not even close, and should not be advertised as such. Actually, it should be against the LAW for the owners to call it a resort. It is NOT a resort, and the claim to be anything other than a motel is extremely misleading. In addition, they have the audacity to charge a resort fee, which is comical. I would say this hotel is tolerable at most and that is stretching it. The staff was great! Very friendly! If I were rating them, it would be 5 stars. However, they don’t make up for the hotel. Just imagine, an very old, dusty, damp and moldy space, that someone tried to refurbish. But they didn’t do a good job, nothing more than slapping new stuff on top of the old. After a while the old stuff starts to uncover. This is Surfside Beach Resort at its best. It’s even more crazy that this hotel sits in the middle of a very nice beach house community, with a nice pier, several shops and restaurants! If I owned a house there, I would start a petition for the hotel to be torn down and rebuilt. I mean, it just seems that this hotel has to bring down property value. For the 3 days my family and I stayed here, I found myself rushing our vacation, just so we could get home, because I was so uncomfortable. Even the kids were disappointed. The pool is more like a large Jacuzzi because not only is it small in comparison to most pools, so there is no swimming room, it was always warm and dirty. I would not go back even if somebody gave me a room here, as a gift. Needless to say, I would not recommend it. Instead, rent one of the beach houses in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn