We stayed recently at the Surfside Beach Resort after attempting to obtain reservations at hotels closer to Georgetown, SC during the weekend after the 4th of July. The area and beach are ideal for families, reunions, and couples for a few days vacation. There are plenty of local restaurants and t-shirt stores that are appealing to your curiosity. The beach and adjacent pier complete what a beachside resort should be. There is also plenty of parking and the front desk personnel were amiable and competent toward customer service.
The downside: small pool area; the rooms are average at best. The interior is dated and our room appeared dim, faded and small. The bathroom sink is actually outside the bathroom/shower area. The shelf above the bar to hang your clothes was dusty and obviously had not been wiped down for several days/weeks (?). The bed mattresses are fairly comfortable but if you are use to both high quality fiber and thread count sheets, you are out of luck here. It's just the basics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn