My wife & I decided to escape and head down to warmer climate for a week. Some friends had suggested Surfside as it is close to Myrtle Beach but less crowded & hectic. It has a beachfront with a beach that doesn’t get crowded.
I can’t attest to the crowded beach because it was unusually cold as well as windy. Nobody was on the beach except for fully clothed walkers and joggers. The rooms are small and outdated but because of the great location and view it was expected. The walls are very thin as you can hear everything in the adjacent rooms at night. I had to call downstairs at 11:30 one night because of some younger children banging doors and running in the hall. They said they would take care of it. I did hear them every night but they were done by a little after 11. I love kids but not when you want to get up early. The pool was closed but the sauna was working. It is in the parking lot which is a turn off. We didn’t use it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The elevators are slow and jerky and noisy. The balconies are very small but do offer a great view. They also charged us $6 resort fee each day. The price of the room was reasonable but the resort fee should have been waved if there at all. There really is nothing there resort like. There isn’t any mini bar in the rooms. No bar or restaurant in the resort. It has a small pool (that was o/o/s) and a sauna that most hotels have. Oh and they are located in a blacktop parking lot without any privacy.
Maybe it was the cold dreary weather that is clouding my judgment but it was just ok. Although the staff was friendly they never an apology for the late night episode. It's always nice to hear. That is why just an average for service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn