My husband and I went to the beach for an extended weekend getaway. We booked this hotel with one of the internet travel sites. We ended up going with this hotel, because in the description they called themselves a "resort", and for the price, it seemed like a great deal. After arriving, we were a little disappointed. It is a very, very average hotel. There are no amenities that you would expect with a "resort". The rooms are very small. For my husband and I, we had enough space, but I can't imagine more than 2 people comfortably staying in one of those rooms. Everything in the room, looked a little dingy such as the furniture and the tv. That could be because everything is a little dated. There are no snack machines, only drink machines, and breakfast is not offered, not even continental. I know there are restaurants within walking distance, sometimes its nice to have the option, not to leave the hotel.
There are some good things about the hotel, the location is wonderful. You can step right out onto the beach. The staff was friendly, we changed rooms once, with no problem. The hot tub does work wonderfully, however it is right next to the parking lot, where everyone can stare at you, which takes away from the relaxation factor. Other "resorts" offer hot tubs indoors. The bed was comfortable to sleep in, but the a/c-heating unit in our room was so loud, we didn't run it, and we could still hear neighboring units through the night.
Another thing, it rained the last day we were there, the day we were leaving, and the parking lot does not drain water! Our shoes were submersed in water, just walking to our car, where the water just sits on top of the pavement, there is no draining. Our tires were in water up to the bottom of the wheels.
Overall, our stay was okay. We travel frequently and have stayed in resorts before, so that lead us to being disappointed in this "resort" for that reason. In comparison to other resorts, this place is just a very, plain hotel. Its basically, a place to sleep, while you go out and enjoy things outside the hotel. If you just want a very basic place to stay and don't have high expectations for the resort ammenities, this would be a great place for you. I'm glad we had it at a discounted rate, I would not pay full price to stay here, for what they offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Beach Resort is ideally situated in the center of Surfside Beach, South Carolina, and overlooks the beautiful Atlantic Ocean with 161 tastefully decorated ocean view rooms. All rooms were recently renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Surfside Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Beach Hotel Surfside Beach
- Days Inn Surfside Beach
- Days Hotel Surfside Beach
- Surfside Beach Days Inn