“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Upon my arrival the hotel looked very cheap. When I booked online there was supposed to be a continental breakfast, a rollout couch, and also a pool. None of that was offered instead I got an empty dirty pool and a very nasty room. When I walked inside of the room to inspect the bathroom was filthy there was mold on the shower curtain, the floors were filthy. There was also a meth stove with no pots or pans to cook with. The sheets were filthy, I ended up having to clean the room myself before we could even go to sleep. On top of that I got hit with an additional choice for my two extra guest whih I thought was included in the rate. When I complained about my issues the manager on duty was so mean and rude he could care less about the filthyness. I asked for a refund and he responded that I definitely wasn't getting refunded because it was a nonrefundable room. That was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. I am a EH at a hotel and I have seen it all but this was far most the worst ever. This is a warning do not ever stay at this trash dump unless you want to be swarmed with filth and have to service your own room.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

To say that the service is extremely bad is a gross understatement. The manager in charge did not care for the welfare of the guests nor did he even try to. He woke us up early in the morning to tell us that we had to pay a cover charge when we had 4 people in the room. Unfortunately, we did not know that we did not have to. After some argument, we paid the fee, as the situation was getting tense, and we did not want any more trouble as we had an itinerary to follow. We only knew that we were extorted after we got to our next destination. This incident left an extremely bitter taste in our mouths.

As for the room, it was small, dirty and dingy, where the carpets were filthy and had a weird sticky feel to it (luckily we had slippers). The wireless did not work in certain parts of the room and we could only access the Internet near the door.

All in, this business does not even deserve to exist. Please do not stay here. You have been warned.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My boss put me up there wile i was working in the area for him. This is the worse place i have ever stayed in my life! I spend usual 30+ weeks a year on the road and by far the worse i have ever stayed! The room was nasty and we NEVER saw housekeeping anywhere! The room was nasty and wore down beyond belief. After my boss contacted Choice Internationals to complain the owner of the hotel and his son came woke me up at 06:00 and pretty much forced me into a empty room locked the door and demanded to know what my problem was! The roach's were at least 2inch long. The sheets were stained. Mold allover the bathroom and sink. Tv broke. "meth" stove in room hadn't bean cleaned in god only knows how long. I would not recommended this hotel to anyone! This place needs to be distorted! I would have bean better off under a bridge!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Hickory, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This was the worst hotel ever. The room was dirty and hard to find. The next morning the free breakfast comes with a key card that only works once, well ours didnt work at all. When i went to the office to have them help he was not there and it was locked @ 8am. We never could get ahold of them and when we left at 10 he was pulling up in his bmw. The pool was disgusting and full of bugs. Do not stay here it is awful!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I was here for 4 night. The sevice here was very bad. There was no room service. They did not had room service to clean up our room. I had to asked a tell them that we need clean linen. They just gave me the linen and we had to change our own linen and make-up our own bed. They gave us just one trash bad. I would not recommend any of my friends to come here. What you see own the internet about this motel is not what you think. So this is not a good place for your comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

After driving 13 hours we opted to stay here rather than go to the State Park where we had already booked a camp site. It was late, dark and getting ready to storm. SO, after talking to friends who had stayed here the night before we figured we would give it a shot. Our friends told us that for $45.00 it was worth it rather than setting up camp so late! Well, our cost was $98.00. Apparently since it was Friday the rates had doubled!! We should have just slept in our van! The shower curtain had mold on it, the tub was disgusting, there was a hole in the bathroom wall....the tile floor under the sink was nasty, the only reason I know this is because I wiped up some spilled water and the tissue came up black! Right outside our room was a group of teenagers sitting on their A/C unit smoking pot. Not that I care what others do but it just kind of set the mood of the whole place. It took me a good 1/2 hour before I would even take off my shoes. Our friends had also told us that they accepted dogs because they saw at least 5 dogs the night they stayed there. We actually saw a couple that had 2 dogs in their room. We had our labrador with us (again, we had already gotten a camp site where he was allowed to be) but the manager told us dogs were not allowed. Not sure why....my dog is much cleaner than that room was!!! There was no way I was going to make him sleep in the van, so he stayed in our room too. I guess he didn't mind the filth!! I doubt I will ever go back to Myrtle Beach and if I ever do I would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
JessicaandSteven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

Me and my new husband found COCK ROACHES at this hotel. The manager was rude and could care less about how we felt about the roaches. He might be/live nasty w/ ROACHES but I do not!!!! They charged me twenty dollars for taking a shower before we had seen a ROACH. It took the manager an hour and a half to walk to the hotel, which we had to wait to get all the money except for twenty dollars! I would not suggest the hotel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything ROACHES
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn Surfside Beach? Share your experiences!