“Happy they're back!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Rochester
“Happy they're back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I found this restaurant a few years ago and could not stop raving about their food. Last year on our annual vacation to Myrtle Beach our son's family were with us and we were so excited to bring them to the Southside Grill, only to find that they had closed! This year when driving by we noticed that they had reopened! Of course we had dinner there and it was above and beyond! We would highly recommend the chicken ala Rick or the fish ala Kim, fish or chicken topped with crab meat and cheese. The bake potato is superb, just make sure you ear the skin as Rick has a secret way of cooking it and won't divulge his secret! Mimi' s carrot cake is to die for, never tasted any better! This friendly, family owned restaurant is a must to visit!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We went to the Southside Grill 2 times for dinner out of 3 days at Myrtle Beach. Food was excellent. The first night my wife and I both had the crab cakes. The meal includes 3 crab cakes, baked potato, green beans and a salad. For dessert we split the Chocolate Pecan Pie.
A friend we were having dinner with had the pork chops with baked potato, green beans and a salad, they looked really good however my wife and I do not do pork.
The 2nd night when we went back my wife had the shrimp quesadillas and I had the fried shrimp salad. Both excellent. Also got fresh chocolate chip cookies, since every Saturday is free chocolate chip night. This night we both got separate desserts since it was our last night on vacation. She got the carrot cake, which is enormous; I got the velvet cheese cake-good but not as good as the chocolate pecan pie. Would very highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stratford, Canada
“Amazing Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had the huge hamburgers, they were great tasting and great value. We had the carrot cake to eat later, one piece was more than enough for two of us. The service was very good, it was nice to eat in a family run restaurant. There's no bar, but if you bring your own beer, she has frosted glasses.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We were in Surfside and found the Southside Grill on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. It is a great locals' place where they know everyone's name. The food was fresh and everything is homemade. My crab cakes were terrific and my wife loved the burger. We heard the desserts are great but we were too full to try one. We'll come back and have dessert first. We can't wait to be a local so we can be a regular here.

Visited April 2014
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

A very small non descript location. You need to keep your eyes open to find it. If you are from Pittsburgh, or are a Steelers fan, you'll love the decor. Our party had the seafood platter. The flounder was excellent. My husband had the burger and it was a good size. We found the prices to be reasonable. It's family run, and that makes all the difference. They do aim to please. One recommendation I would make to the management. Please make butter available for the baked potatoes. The pseudo butter I had was the ruination of a good baked potato. Don't like chemical spreads. Yuck.

• Visited March 2014