“Great Breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

It's a great place for breakfast with the family. My wife loved the eggs benedict florentine. I had the steak and cheese omlet. A great meal all around.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Philadelphia
“Kiss my Grits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Being from the northeast we rarely if ever have the opportunity to eat grits. In fact the are unheard of. Enter the golden egg, obviously a take over from an out of business chinese restaurant by looking at the architecture, this little breakfast shoppe rocks. The service is fast and friendly. The prices are a little steep but worth it. Not an everyday breakfast place, but a good treat on vacation. And if your a yankee try the grits. With the help of our waitress "Flo" we did as instructed and put 2 pats of butter on them. Who knew? The are awesome. Yea that got eggs and all that stuff too, but live a little.

Visited May 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Bike Week 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've visited the Golden Egg on a previous occasion, several years ago. Clearly I had a wonderful experience then, so when we visited Myrtle Beach, I was determined to go to the Golden Egg. (mind you I was around 11 yrs old) When we arrived, it was packed, from wall to wall but we were seated immediately, since there were 4 of us and the other parties were larger. In my mind, I was saying still must be good because its packed. The drink orders arrived prompt and werent wrong. My mother ordered pecan pancakes which came out cold and my pancakes were average. She sent hers back and this time they were hot. The overall taste though, made me think, why didn't we just stop at one of the closer pancake houses in Myrtle Beach?!?! But you live ahd you learn. The service wasn't bad at all, the food was medicore. I think I paid $12 for 3 pancakes, bacon, grits and OJ. So you be the judge of the quantity for the price.... OH!! and during checkout, I asked my mom to go ahead and let the cashier run my card bc I had to use the facility.So when I return from the bathroom, I find that my card has been ran and although my mother signed my name, the lady took it and when I signed my copy of the reciept she goes, well I have a signed copy already. I say isnt that illegal? What if I didn't know that lady who just signed the reciept?!? She just looked puzzled..Don't go to the bathroom during checkout.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fast, cheap breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I thought it was okay. Good place for some quick cheap breakfast... I would have expected better...

Visited September 2011
Mililani, Hawaii
“Popular, but I'm not sure why”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I suppose for some people this is a good 17 Bypass alternative to the aging pancake restaurants and chains like IHOP and Dennny's found on 17 Business
But the crowded atmosphere, noise, harried wait staff and and long wait for a seat combined with the fair to middlin" quality of the food, makes me wonder why this place is so seemingly popular.

Visited April 2012
GoldenEggPancake, Owner at Golden Egg, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
May I ask what bad experience you had with us? I would like to know so that I can fix the issue so it would not happen again. We stay popular because unlike the other places, I strive in using quality food products and I encourage good service. I do know we are not all perfect and we make mistakes and that is why I would like to know more information to better our place.

Thanks