“Food is very fresh!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout, Buffet, Dessert
Danville, Virginia
“Food is very fresh!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm not a fan of seafood and I don't eat crab legs at all, but I had no problem finding plenty of fresh and tasty food to eat while my friend noshed on crab legs. The salad bar was the freshest I've seen in a long time. I do enjoy cstfish and theirs was very tasty. Crabby Mike's is always one of the places we dine every year. The servers are friendly and the food is quite good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor! We are so glad that you dine with us when you visit our area. We strive very hard to keep a varity of food and vegtables on our buffet. We like to be sure that there is something for everyone! Thanks for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

“Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I met my sisters here for dinner. My kids LOVED th cute decor! The decorations kept them busy while me & my sisters enjoyed everything! I am not a fan of seafood but had wonderful prime rib and filet tips. My sisters loved the homemade soups and the different varities of shrimp. Especially the Shrimp Scampi! We now have a family tradition to look forward to when we visit Surfside Beach every fall. Thank you for the food and great service Crabby Mikes!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Meg,
Thank you for making Crabby Mike's a new tradition in your family! I have a large family myself and it is nice to create new traditions! So glad that you and your family enjoyed everything and we look forward to seeing you and yours on your next visit! We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Food And Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The best seafood restaurant on the Grand Strand. My family and I eat at Crabby Mike's whenever we vacation in the Myrtle Beach area. I love the atmosphere as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Humble Bee,
We are so glad that you eat with us when you visit the Myrtle Beach area! Thanks for the great compliment and we hope to see you on your next visit! Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor!
Concord, North Carolina, USA
“Not Impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were not impressed with the food here at all. Service was quite okay but not the food. Except for the crab legs, there isn't any food tasty at all, certainly not the soup.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi!
I am very sorry you did not like any of our food. We certainly strive to please each and every customer that comes through our doors but we are not 100% successful. I wish we had been with you. We have an Executive Chef that makes all our food from scratch daily. Our Pastry Chef makes all of the desserts as well. Thank you for taking the time to put your review on Tripadvisor.

Take care,
Panama City, Florida
“Will NOT Return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I went there tonight wanting a really good seafood meal. I ate 2 huspuppies and started feeling a little bad. So I did not want to spent $27 for buffett that might make me sick all night. I explained to the waiter and suggested if they could let me get 1/4 cup of something, maybe soup, maybe I would be ok. He said they did not allow it. The manager walked by many many many many times but never stopped to see if he could help. I did not even get something to drink.

To put the customer first (the people who keep a business in business), I would think selling a small amount would be better than someone sitting at a table not eating while husband ate. He was not impressed with the food. DOUBT we will EVER return to this area of Myrtle Beach PERIOD
Kathy
NC

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
scbeachboy, Owner at Crabby Mike's Calabash Seafood, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Kathy,
We are in the middle of email correspondence and before I can mitigate your husband's complaint, you put up a bad review on Tripadvisor? Really?? You even gave us a bad marks on our atmoshere. It is fun and colorful ! I am sorry that our rules upset you but we have them for a reason. It is not for us to let people pick and chose items off of the buffet at their will and charge accordingly. That would be a nightmare and not very consistent. We are an all-you-can-eat buffet. Most people come here with that knowledge and some come here and chose not to eat for different reasons, not hungry enough is the usual reason. For that reason, a manager is not going to think something is wrong if a person is not eating. The manager was informed by the server that there was a "not-eating" at table such and such so he would not have thought there to be a problem. Most people that have a problem with something in a restaurant mention it to the server and/or ask for a manager. Apparently, you and your usband did neither so how were we supposed to know there was a problem? Had your husband asked for a manager and told him about his dissatisfaction with the food, the problem would have been fixed immediately.

Providing our customers with the absolute best dining experience is our number one goal. We would have fixed his problem right away. However, when the problem is with one of our rules, sometimes that cannot be fixed or changed.

I thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am sorry you did not enjoy our buffet or like our rules.
Take care,