“A High Five From A "BBQ CENTRAL" Resident!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A High Five From A "BBQ CENTRAL" Resident!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Since I live very near the BBQ Capital of the South, Lexington, NC, my husband & myself are definitely very harsh judgers of chopped pork & sauce with fixins!! Let me just say, The Bar-B-Que House Does NOT DISAPPOINT!! The meat is cooked just perfectly (usually, except in Lexington, you find overcooked pork...not here!!) and four sauces were available for the choice of the diner..which I loved!! Eastern, Lexington, House & Mustard....beat that? NO!! The hush puppies were superb, the fries were freshly cut, and the bbq or regular slaw was just right!! I loved the "Soda Shop" feel of this neat casual restaurant and our waitress was a true gem!! Add to this that the prices and the Senior platters (which were more than enough for an eater like myself!!) were great!! I call the Bar-b-que House a Home Run and found it much better than Sticky Fingers!! This Lexington BBQ Fan is hooked...we SHALL RETURN!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ellington, CT
“Great value for ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

OK, so the full disclosure is that I've lived in Connecticut all my life, and we Yankees aren't supposed to know much about Southern cuisine. Truth be told, we do have a few noteworthy barbecue joints in these parts, so I at least have a small baseline to start from. That said, on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, we stopped in at this Surfside Beach establishment and were pleasantly surprised by the astounding portion of the full rack of ribs - fantastic! Gigantic portion for $20, slathered in just enough sauce to make the serving genuinely messy. The fried okra and hushpuppies were a great complement, as were the collard greens (although these were a bit too salty). Slight bummer was that they don't serve beer on Sundays, but the sweet tea was a delicious substitute. Nonetheless, the ribs were the star attraction, plenty for dinner and enough left over for the next day's lunch. Go and enjoy!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cherryville, North Carolina
“very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

the best price and barbque I ever eat with out side seats if you smoke clean and good service over all I would rate it from 0-10 a big 10 love this place and cant wait to get back and eat with them again this aug people if you live out of town believe me its worth the ride there

Visited August 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Hushpuppies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great pulled pork, great wings and absolutely the best hushpuppies we ever had. Big portions, good value for our money, a pleasant and friendly staff. We will definately be eating there again next year.

Visited March 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Outstanding barbecue at an unbelievable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had lunch and found the food to be outstanding and the price unbelievable. We each ordered one of the lunch specials for $5.99. The chopped poor barbecue was excellent, the french fries were hot and crispy and the hush puppies were outstanding, so good in fact that we had to request another order to share. This barbecue rivals some of the best I have ever eaten including from some really good places in eastern NC. I highly recommend you give this place a try if you are in Myrtle Beach. They also have another location in Surfside Beach on the south side of Myrtle Beach.

• Visited March 2014