“Tasty and fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Great Falls, Virginia
“Tasty and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015 NEW via mobile

Very authentic Italian food. The owner is 100% Italian and has a great establishment. The seafood is fresh and local. The entrees are 20$ and you will not leave hungry. The quality was superb and the service very good. I felt like id stepped through a wormhole into New York or New Jersey. It felt like a movie. They had live music playing on Saturday night that was very good. The wait staff is efficient and knowledgeable of the menu and handled a packed house well. A must!

“We felt like family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015 NEW

Our waiter, Johnathan made us feel at home! He was very helpful and suggested an amazing desert! The owner stopped by our table to welcome us and get our opinions of our food and service. We felt like family before we left. Belisimo!

“Thought I was in NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015 NEW

Top of the line service.
Top of the line food.
Top of the line Pizza
I found my Spot. And I am so happy.

Surprise, Arizona
“Brooklyn in South Carolina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015 NEW

Had a fantastic lunch at Valentino's! It was a trip down memory lane to wonderful meals in New York. Everything from the bread to the veal to the service was outstanding..

The pizza was dripping with cheese and folded just like it's supposed to. The crust was thin and mouth watering.

The waitstaff, the owners and the chef show their pride and love of Italian food in every bite!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A piece of the old neighborhood in Surfside Beach, SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I had the absolute delightful pleasure of dining with my Brooklyn Italian husband at this genuine Italian Restaurant last night. We were greeted at the door by Sal, an owner. He and my husband chatted about certain places commonly known to the Italian community of Brooklyn. Fresh hot garlic rolls and Italian bread was brought to the table, while those two went back and forth.

I noted the very familiar aged Italian decor, and candle lit tables, while trying the bread and yes, the bread was the real thing. Sal told us that its delivered straight from NJ. He also told us the dated decor is deliberate. The decor gives the ambiance of Billy Joel's song, " Italian Restaurant". The salads came and I used the Balsamic vinaigrette on the table, and it had a kick to it, in a good way. It wasn't spicy, but the Balsamic was sharp.

My husband ordered the Shrimp Fra Diabolo and I had the Brasciole with Linguine. I tried his dish first, it was spicy and drop dead totally amazing. I tried my Brasciole at the same time my hubby did and it was cut with a spoon tender and absolutely delicious. I will admit that this Brasciole was better than my home made, hands down!

Mo, another owner came to the table to introduce himself. Another warm and welcoming gentleman, who also exchanged memories of NY with us both. My husband told him, "you brought a piece of the old neighborhood here", and Mo laughingly agreed. We were beyond stunned that such a place could exist in South Carolina. I think hubs won't miss one of the better parts of NY anymore.

While we ate, we were periodically checked on by Sal and Mo, but not in an annoying way, or when we had a mouthful of food. I asked Mo if the Valentino's II was an annex restaurant, and I was told they have no relation at all. In fact the owners, of Valentinos II are not all Italian. Since I have seen this type of plagiarism in another restaurant, locally, I can only assume this is common place here in South Carolina.

I asked Mo if he kept his mother in the kitchen cooking gravy all night and he mentioned that Emilio, his chef, had cooked in a famous Brooklyn restaurant, Garguilios for 35 years before coming to Valentino's. My hubby and I discretely popped our pants buckles open and ordered cappuccinos to finish our meal, actually Mo made them personally for us. They were the best we've ever had.

I never used to go out for Italian in NY, as it was always better at home, but this restaurant proves the reverse. We will be back as part of the Original Valentino's family. If I could give more stars, I would.