“Valentino II” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of Surfside Beach on Highway 17 Business and the corner of 6th Avenue South. Just a few blocks south of Surfside Drive. Easy access by Golf Cart!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Valentino II”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was the second time I had been there . Brought friends and went on a Saturday night at dinner time. Thought it would be so crowded. We had a delightful dinner, excellent service and listened to a wonderful singer and felt as if we were sitting in Italy for the evening. No one rushed us out. Do yourself a favor. Try them out. You will be transported to Italy for a few hours without the traveling involved.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Anderson, SC
“Lunch at Valentino's II”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were riding around wanting some Italian and our favorite (Pacino's) was not open on Sunday for lunch so we ended up here. We arrived at 11:40 and were the first in the building. They told us they would have a buffet ready at noon, or we could order off the menu, I had my heart set on some chicken Alfredo, so we asked for menu's. They brought us 3 separate menu's. We ordered from the lunch menu, and everything seemed so unorganized. The server didn't know what was on the buffet, or which menu was the correct one, and the staff had forgot to make the tea. We got our salads, which were pretty good. They brought out bread that tasted pretty rough. Our entree's came out and were good, not great. When our bill came out it was around $50, and I about had a heart attack. I asked our waitress had she not given us the lunch portions, and she admitted to a mistake. The bill came back and was around $35. It was an ok experience but we will not go back after this visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, NY
“Overcooked seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our evening here started out great. We arrived and sat at a comfortable booth inside. The restaurant and bar area were both appealing areas. Our server was fantastic throughout and despite a wait for our dinners, kept checking with us. The salad was fresh and we enjoyed the garlic bread with it.
Here's where it went bad. I ordered the zuppa di pesce and my husband had seafood stuffed haddock off a special menu by a guest chef. My zuppa came with scampi sauce on linguine. The pasta was cooked perfectly, but the scampi sauce was bland with very little garlic flavor. I ordered some red sauce on the side to compensate. The real problem was that the seafood was poor quality and way overcooked, probably why we had to wait for our dinners to come out. The mussels were mostly empty while some had tiny pieces of mussel inside. The shrimp (2) were also overdone and the lobster meat was mushy and bad tasting. The few clams were the only seafood that were OK. It was very disappointing. My husband's "special" haddock was stuffed with mostly stuffing and little seafood. It was also dry and overcooked, and tasted old.
If not for the excellent server and comfortable ambience, we would give this restaurant a poor rating. I would recommend if you do decide to come here, stick with the Italian specialties and avoid the seafood. The dinners were not cheap and we felt we paid too much for this meal.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Ok but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were the first table of the night. We were worried when we read on the menu "worth the wait". We were there with two little kids. But the service was fast. The food was warm but only ok (I've had better). i had the penne volkda which was the best dinner at our table. Fish was ok but very boring, needed more flavour. The bread was hard, kinda tasted like it was left over from yesterday. I've had way better for a lot less money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great Italian food and terrific service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Julie was our server and she was not only a terrific server but was very witty! We had a very good time exchanging funny comments with her! There were 4 of us, our daughter, her husband, my husband and me. Julie gave us insight into the restaurant since it was out first time there. It definitely won't be our last. She offered suggestions as to food preferences when asked, kept us supplied in bread, boxed up our leftovers and attended to our every need. The food was perfectly cooked and delicious. We each got something different and it was all good. The portions were more than my daughter and I could eat however, the guys had no problem making theirs disappear! The restaurant is not great looking but, in this case, appearances deceive! Well worth the price!

• 5 of 5 stars Food