“Great atmosphere. Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Enjoy giant-sized fare from the California Dreaming kitchen. Start with Barbecue Chicken Nachos to curb your cravings; then slow-cooked Prime Rib, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back Ribs or giant Seafood Platters - served with Shrimp, Oysters, Flounder and Blue Crab Claws. Voted “Best Traditional American Restaurant” by WMBF News and The Sun News “Best of the Beach”. The restaurant features seasonal patio seating; large party carry-out and catering/delivery; Monday night trivia; and late night bar bites.
“Great atmosphere. Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wonderful experience. I usually order the pasta pomadora, really good. Tonight I got the steak salad. Croissant was melt in your mouth good. Blue cheese crumbles complimented the steak.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Super Salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I were hungry for a good salad and after reading the reviews we decided to give California Dreaming a try. We actually started with spinach and cream sauce nachos. They were very tasty and the grated Parmesan added to the flavor. We both had the California Dreaming Salads with the house dressing (honey mustard with hot bacon). They were enormous and very fresh and filling. Salads came with a wonderful,warm honey croissant. The salads were a great value for the cost and we would return to have them again without hesitation. Our server was very efficient and could not have been more friendly.

Visited July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went here today July 3, with wife and business some very nice people we meet to talk over some business and had a very good lunch. Service was fast and friendly and all our meals were very good. The restaurant was very clean also. Would stop back anytime I'm in the area.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've been to this restaurant several times since it is in a easy location and my company gives out $15 gift certificates to restaurants in this group. The food is not any reason to go there. I've had the steaks which have been "meh" at best, but I wouldn't have seved them at home. I have ordered the twice baked potato with "the works" stuffing and the center was cold. I told the waitress and got another one with a cold center. I'm not talking a little of cold, but cold. The last time I went was this past week when both my wife and me ordered a club sandwich. It came out with the meat and cheese etc inside 2 sliced of toasted bread and sliced in half! That's a club?
I will say the staff has always beed qite nice and it's a big place, but not worth it. We gave it several tries and each time it failed-we won't go back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hi Robert, It's definitely frustrating to get cold food, and in your case a potato, twice. I'm sorry this occurred. Thanks for the feedback.
Union Bridge, Maryland
“I was very under-whelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We've been to Myrtle Beach many times. We were looking for a new restaurant to try so stopped in here at about 6:00 PM during the week early in June. It wasn't crowded. They were playing bingo at the bar with customers which I thought would be annoying for a dinner guest but it really wasn't. The waitress, Kelly, was really good. She said it was her first week working there. She was very "perky" which made for a lot of fun. The food was OK. Good large salads. I got the ribs. They were just OK, certainly nothing special. The place was kinda' bland inside. Medium colored wood walls but nothing else. We were wondering if they were in the middle of remodeling??? We asked our waitress where the name California Dreaming came from (maybe from The Mamas and the Papas song California Dreamin) . But she didn't know - she's only been there for a week. As we left I asked the greeter the same question. She didn't know either. I think they need an identify - and more memorable food. There are lots of good places to eat in the area. We'll pick another one next year.

• Visited June 2014